The Passion of the Christ

ladyfoxglove

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Okay, I'm going crazy trying to figure out who did the trailer music for the new Passion trailer, the Passion one is not the one done to Peter Gabriel's music. Anyone know?
Thanks!

The only information I've found so far is for The Passion, and it's the Peter Gabriel song "Running to the Rain."

Where did you see the spots -- at the movies, or on TV?

Can you describe the music some more for each one?

Indeed, IT IS "Running to the Rain" from LONG WALK HOME

30 sec sample HERE

OR

HERE

Originally posted by ladyfoxglove@Dec 7 2003, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone!
Okay, I'm going crazy trying to figure out who did the trailer music for Troy and The new Passion trailer, the Passion one is not the one done to Peter Gabriel's music. Anyone know?
Thanks!

The "internet" trailer that was released a long while ago had the Peter Gabrial music "Running to the Rain". There was a theatrical trailer released earlier this week with a different musical score. It sounds like it could be something new from Lisa Gerrard.

Possibly a track from the actual movie or made specifically for the trailer.

I checked out my Whale Rider which was composed by Gerrard, but that was definetely not it.

She also composed for The Insider and Ali. But then again maybe it isn't even Gerrard's music at all. But it sure sounds like it.

FYI, for those interested in the latest trailer (released Sat. Evening 1/17) go HERE

Blessings,
Marco

Hi, im new here... maybe the music for Passion of the Christ is composed by Brian Tyler of "Children of Dune" fame. It sounds like something he might have done.

I know his song "Summon the Worms" was used for the "Master and Commander" trailer.

Let me know if im right... B)

Originally posted by fishman5440@Jan 19 2004, 03:13 AM
Hi, im new here... maybe the music for Passion of the Christ is composed by Brian Tyler of "Children of Dune" fame.  It sounds like something he might have done.

New Trailer site for Passion HERE that I've taken the liberty of presenting in high quality video/audio.

Didn't Mel Gibson hire John Debney? If so, great choice. One of the most underrated composers in Hollywood...far superior to those previously associated with the film...

:D hi ppl, anyone know the trailer title to the passion of christ the movie??

i would really appreciate it if u could reply and help me out.

thank u B)

The first teaser was "Running to the Rain" by Peter Gabriel...I spoke with someone "in the know" last week and they informed me that all other music for "The Passion" trailer and TV spots will be music from the original score by John Debney...

:D i would like to know the new trailer song to the passion of christ.
i dont want the trailer music to 'THE PASSION'.
i want the trailer music to 'THE PASSION OF CHRIST'.
THE NEW ONE.

thank u ppl

The movie goes by either name... The Passion was the original title. The Passion of the Christ is the new title.

Anyway, the music has been discussed previously here for other trailers from the movie. Peter Gabriel's song was used in the first trailer for this movie.

You should visit a link provided by a member in that previous thread: http://homepage.mac.com/mapresents/cc.htm -- you can see various trailers there.

Maybe point out which one you're referring to and we can help you with the music.
Hope that helps.

hi, if you go to www.thepassionofchrist.com and watch both theatrical and teaser trailer, then you will hear that that is the trailer music i want. preferbably the theatrical trailer music.

thank you very much.

darren2004 :D

sounds like it could be Lisa Gerrard, who is apparently helping to score the movie.

The music heard in the in the more recent trailers (not the teaser) is from the Original Score to the film which will be available Feb 24...

I just went and picked up the score to The Passion hoping to find the music that was used in the last theatrical trailer for the film, but I can't find it.

There are hints of the same chorus on the last track called "Resurrection", but that's about it. I hate to be pessimistic, but it sounds like that track might never get realeased.

The stories that circulated about Lisa Gerrard contributing to the soundtrack were true so I assumed it to be her voice on the track. But apparently, it isn't, according to her husband. It doesn't sound like any of her work will be in the film. If I messed up any info. or if anyone knows more please let me know. :D

Back