That 70s Show

gregski101

Reaction score
There is a song on the "That 70's Show" commercials that is a rock/pop song from the 70's - starts with a synthesizer / weird rising noise and then a pretty distinctive guitar (or keyboard) line comes in - - i have not heard enough of it yet to have caught the chorus or any words - so i hope someone else has just seen it recently.........i just remember the song as a kid and cannot place it.....

has a, hate to say it, Bay City Rollers kind of vibe - probably the same era.........

any help would be appreciated.

Possibly "Fox on the Run" by "The Sweet" (off 1975 album Desolation Boulevard).

Yes, it's definitely "Fox on the Run", but the 1970's British glam band was actually known as Sweet (they were only called "The" Sweet on one album...how nitpicky of me!) BTW, the flipside of that 45 was "Ballroom Blitz", which was used in the recent Mitsubishi car commercial where two drivers had to avoid objects being pitched at them from the back of two 18-wheelers. Sweet's other big U.S. hit was "Love is Like Oxygen".

Here are the lyrics for "Fox on the Run":

I don't wanna know your name
cause you don't look the same
the way you did before

Ok, you think you got a pretty face
but the rest of you is out of place
you looked alright before

Fox on the run
you screamed and everybody comes
a-running take a run and hide
yourself away

Fox is on the run
Foxy fox on the run
and hide away

You, You talk about just every band
but the names you drop are second hand (Second Hand)
I've heard it all before

I don't wanna know your name
cause you don't look the same
the way you did before

Fox on the run
yourself away

Fox is on the run
Foxy fox on the run
and hide away

Fox on the run
yourself away

Fox is on the run
Foxy fox on the run
and hide away

Anyone know the songtitle/band that performs on the new "That 70s Show" commercial on Fox?

The name of the band is 'Sweet'. The name of the song is "Fox On The Run". It was released in 1973 on Capital Records. :D

I'm looking for a song that was being played during a promo for a new "That 70s Show". It played throughout the promo...I think it has alot of "Na Na Na" (It's not Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye). It showed a clip with Leo returning and hugging Eric. Thats all that I can remember for now. I will try to post a soundclip later. Thanks for any help you provide :D

It's the ad that announces Eric's last episodes. It starts off with memory shots of Eric and Donna kissing and then moves on to different clips about how he's leaving. At the end Red hugs him.
I'd like to know the song that's playing in the background at the beginning.

Did it go: there are places I remember, all my life, and some have changed, some for ever, not for better...in my life, I've loved them all?

I saw the commercial on Friday, so I might be remembering the wrong song. If that's the song, it's In My Life. The original was by the Beatles and Bette Midler, but I think it was a remake. It might be In My Life - Chantal Kreviazuk.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000069HJC/?tag=adtunes-20

Yes that's the song!
Unfortunately it isn't the Beatles, Bette Midler or Chantal who sing the Commercial's version. But I still like the Beatles version.
Thanks a mil.

Tonight, in between the 7 minute preview of X-Men 3 and That 70's Show - The Final Goodbye, there was a very short "coming up next" commercial for The Final Goodbye. The music had a wailing guitar and was repetitive- no words though. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, but it literally came and went.

Any ideas what the song might be?

If this is the same promo they've been showing for the last two weeks, it's Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road".

Originally posted by suebee88@May 18 2006, 08:43 AM
If this is the same promo they've been showing for the last two weeks, it's Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road".
thanks so much dude

does anyone know the song at the end of the final episode when they're all in the car singing in the end?

thanks in advance

Are you talking about the song they sang in the car at the very end of the finale? That clip was actually taken from a first season episode.

The song is "Hello It's Me" by Todd Rundgren.

thanks alot :D

you've answered both questions :D

was there another song played during the "promo" thing though?

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but I heard them use a library track on one of the 'coming up next' spots. You can listen to it at Extrememusic.com - they don't do business with the general public, however. You must be a licensed production company to legally acquire their tracks :(

Go to Extrememusic.com and click "Get Music" at the bottom
Once inside, click on "X-series" on the top left.
Click on "Album Name" on the left and wait for the albums to load
Scroll down to find "Indie Rock 2"
Click it, and wait for the tracks on the right to load.
Scroll down to find "Down, Down, Down"

Back