Target

chippy3

Reaction score
Any help on Target commercial song "Movin' in Circles"

(found this in the forum, but it was never answered!)

Next time, just bump the original thread up, instead of making a new one.

This song?
Or maybe you heard this version?

The ads are by Hest & Kramer, an agency in Minneapolis, MN. Mr. Kramer was in a popular local band called the Wallets in the 80's and the agency employs a member of the new local band Joy Lab. Both are credited as composers for the agency in their bios (but not for any specific commercials). Knowing that, I assumed the music was made by them just for the commercial but I never bothered to confirm it. If you find there's a full version and it's available, I'd like to know.

Originally posted by chippy3@Aug 29 2004, 06:03 PM
Any help on Target commercial song "Movin' in Circles"

(found this in the forum, but it was never answered!)
Are you referring to this thread? The song described contains the lyrics "moving in circles..."

Someone answered the question in that thread... :unsure:

Are you referring to this thread? The song described contains the lyrics "moving in circles..."

Someone answered the question in that thread...

Yes, but the answer in that thread was wrong. The lyrics AmelieMellow quoted are used verbatim in the ads I linked at H&K and they are nothing like the lyrics in the Who song. I have reviewed my search for this song and as it turns out, the trippy version was honored in the category of Original Music in the 2002 AICP Show, so it was definitely made for the commercials.

Neither The Wallets nor JoyLab ever sounded particularly garage or psychedelic to me, but someone might find something of similar influence on their albums.

Back