Subaru Impreza "Peel Out"

smackdabish

Reaction score
I can't remember much about it beside the fact that I wanted the song, haha. :lol:

Um, but it's a rockish song and the commercial is really colorful. Sorry for being so vague... if I see it again, I'll edit with details.

The Impreza is the name of the Subaru model in the commercial. Pretty good tune...

I just emailed them! Let's hope we find something soon. By the way, here's the link:

"I wanna go for a drive with the radio on..." I have a feeling this band is on myspace or something...

Heard anything on this yet?

The lyrics are: I wanna go for a drive with the radio on. (I'll, Or?) leave the road behind; we'll know that i'm gone. We should go for a ride. You move me.

Im looking for this all over the place too...
No luck. Ad is on Subaru website, but NO reference... What is the deal!?

I'm sorry to say, that the song doesn't really exist. I liked the beat too and was searching for it. After a bit of research, I found that the song was something referred to as needle drop music. Studios create music using local musicians. Advertisers purchase music from the studios to use in their commercials. This music is not from any song. Also, there is no information on these musicians available.

Sorry boy's we're outa luck.

hello,
if you're talking about the new impreza subaru ad, the songs called 'kick it' by peaches feat. iggy pop.
hope that helps you! :)

Originally posted by phantom4@Sep 19 2007, 12:20 AM
hello,
if you're talking about the new impreza subaru ad, the songs called 'kick it' by peaches feat. iggy pop.
hope that helps you! :)
These lyrics:

"I wanna go for a drive with the radio on. (I'll, Or?) leave the road behind; we'll know that i'm gone. We should go for a ride. You move me."

...do not appear in that song.

:blink:

Originally posted by jrodjiggle@Sep 18 2007, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry to say, that the song doesn't really exist. I liked the beat too and was searching for it. After a bit of research, I found that the song was something referred to as needle drop music. Studios create music using local musicians. Advertisers purchase music from the studios to use in their commercials. This music is not from any song. Also, there is no information on these musicians available.

Sorry boy's we're outa luck.
So your saying the song isn't really an actual song?!?

God that sucks ._. That tune is so catchy, and I've been trying to find it forever >.<

grrr.... how frustrating...

Hi,

Glad to find you all here. Here's the thing, I saw the commercial too. Then checked it out on You Tube after finding my way over here to confirm. I swear that guitar melody was lifted from an actual REAL band that is in fact on Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/fansofjimmycentury
their song is The Future Will Blow Your Mind.

In it the singer says "with your looks and my brains, we could handle anything." in the exact same melody of that guitar. The reason it sticks in my head is because I've been a longtime fans of theirs and their other band before this one and she has used this same melody in two other songs before. It's catchy and it sticks. Maybe "fans of Jimmy Century" had something to do with the commercial, but I doubt it. I think it was lifted from them by some studio jerks who got paid for something that wasn't their idea.

I don't know, but it's weird to me.

Che

I heard this comercial twice last night. I knew the melody was familar. I went to my Simon Stinger songs, in two of their songs is the same melody. But even most recently, as Fans of Jimmy Century (same Artists) it's in The Future Will Blow Your mind. Hey, did they buy the rights to that melody or is something else going on. :eek:

Ciao!

Suzie Q

Originally posted by Suzie Q@Sep 27 2007, 08:53 AM
I heard this comercial twice last night. I knew the melody was familar. I went to my Simon Stinger songs, in two of their songs is the same melody. But even most recently, as Fans of Jimmy Century (same Artists) it's in The Future Will Blow Your mind. Hey, did they buy the rights to that melody or is something else going on. :eek:

Ciao!

Suzie Q
OK. You all are talking about three different commercials here:

"I wanna go for a drive with the radio on" by Unknown

"Kick It" by Peaches

"The Future Will Blow Your Mind" by Fans of Jimmy Century

Pick one...

:blink: :huh: :eek: :unsure: :ph34r:

The Lyrics are:
I want to go for a ride with the radio on
only the road behind will know that I'm gone
We should go for a ride
are you with me?

the song is actually a blatant rip off of "search and destroy" by The Stooges. Its track #1 on the album Raw Power.

Back