Sounds like.... Jamiroquai?

lost in translation

Reaction score
I've heard this song several places... one being at Madison Square Garden at a basketball game... and on TV, but a while ago.

It starts out with a new version of the classical music... violin type music, either Beethoven, Bach, or Mozart, and then heads into what sounds to me like Jamiroquai... kind of fast paced with a light beat, and still the violin in the background throughout the song.

Sorry I can't give a better description of it! This has been bugging me for weeks now, I still can't find it.

I think I may know what song you're talking about ...

Unfortunately, I don't know the artist/title of the newer updated version of the classical song, but at the very least, I can give you a start in the right direction with the artist/title of the classical music in question here ...

Beethoven - "Symphony No. 5 in C Minor Op. 67 - Allegro con brio"

CDUniverse sound sample - the 9th music note over on top row

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

If the song is indeed adapted from Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, then it could be either Walter Murphy's disco rendition titled "A Fifth of Beethoven", or Robin Thicke's "When I Get You Alone", an R&B song which itself samples Murphy's disco version. Or it could a different song entirely. I hope this info helps.

oh man... thanks. that is the song!!!! Robin Thicke - When I Get You Alone... I had no idea what the artist or song name was but that is definitely it. Alright thanks again!

***gives a high five to capnmunch***

Alright, thanks for the tagteam effort!!!

(and for what little it's worth, you're welcome!)

B)

And DJ with the assist—I never could've done it without ya, man. B)

Back