Sony Walkman beach

webjunkie88

Reaction score
does anybody know the song on the newest Walkman commercial? the cop's at the beach with everybody and they are all partying...i like it....
thanx

i just saw this commercial and the song is fabulous! its so innovative and sounds like it might be in japanese or something. It has almost a Cibo Matto sound to it. I can't explain it but if youve seen the commercial and might know what it is please do tell!

I think that the song in the "Masterpiece" mpeg is

"Tanto Tempo" by Bebel Gilberto

even though it may be hard to tell since what they play in the mpeg is the beginning of it.

does anyone know who to e-mail at sony to ask them about it? Most of their commercials feature their own artists as a sort of advertising for that artist and as the back drop music for whatever product they're selling. In this case it is the sony walkman. For example, in the "Surprise" mpeg the song is "Crazy" by the Riddlin' Kids, which are under their label.

I checked it for "Masterpiece" and it isn't it it tended to be more ambient

i'm guessing that the song is by the x-ecutioners because it says "The X-ecutioners 5 Hour Mix" on the guy's laptop who is sitting in the car in the commercial. Plus, they do a lot of scratching and you can hear a lot of it before the commercial ends....just thought someone could check on them for help :)

Im still searching for
the beach party song
from the walkman commercial..
can anyone help?

Ok, but i was just downloading some random
tunes onto my computer and i came across the
song that is in the "Masterpiece" ad!
YES MICHELLE I FOUND IT! And by COMPLETE
accident also. What are the odds?

The song is: "Neon Ray" by Lunatic Calm

The only difference is that in the ad, they took out the soft speaking in the beginning.

-nat

Originally posted by taxi@Sep 22 2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, but i was just downloading some random tunes onto my computer and i came across the song that is in the "Masterpiece" ad! YES MICHELLE I FOUND IT! And by COMPLETE
accident also. What are the odds?

The song is: "Neon Ray" by Lunatic Calm

The only difference is that in the ad, they took out the soft speaking in the beginning.

taxi-

I assume we are talking about the "Brigette's Motivation" song at the end of the "Masterpiece" ad, right? (See the ad here)

If so, are you sure "Neon Ray" is the song title? I listened to the CD sample at CDnow, and it sounds different from the song in the "Masterpiece" ad. Here's the link to the CD sample I listened to (scroll down): Lunatic Calm song

To me, it sounds like more like an "Air" song.

Well, if it is the "Neon Ray" song, than I only like the beginning of the song which plays in the ad....

As for the "Beach Party" ad, I have been looking for that song too. The artist must be "The X-ecutioners", as that is the artist visible on the guy's laptop, as webjunkie88 pointed out. However, most of the x-ecutioner's songs seem a lot more "hardcore" with more rap/hip-hop. That song in the ad sounds more like funk/techno. Maybe it's a remix?

Anyway, I haven't seen these ads on TV in a long time...

Apparently, the ad agency that made these Sony spots is "Young and Rubicam New York".

Okay this is from some time ago. I searched the forum as best I could, but I wasn't quite sure of the product name so I might have missed it. The commercial shows a police cop finding posters about a party at the beach, and he goes to the beach, thinking he'll find them disturbing the peace with loud music and whatnot. When he gets there, they've all got these little headphone things, and there's a blue alien lookin guy with a huge head. Then they all turn their music players on at the same time, and the I need to know what beat that is they were playing.

I do not know what commercial you are talkig about, but it may be useful in your search to know that it is most likely a Sony (Walkman) commercial based on your description... they use that blue alien guy in their commercials.

Back