Solero Solenero

firegarden

Reaction score
hi all,
i'm trying to find the music to a solero or sole nero (wine or beer) commercial that aired (and might still be) on showcase diva. i don't have that channel and i only saw the commercial a couple of times, but from what i can remember it's cartoonish and colourful, and the setting is in a bar. The scene rotates as chairs, tables, and other bar details are added in. All of this happening matches the tempo of the music. There's the main couple around which all this is happening; it ends with the couple in the middle of the scene and with their drinks. Does this sound familiar to anyone? thanks in advance :D

can you describe the music - genre/typle of music, lyrics, male/female vocals, etc...

it doesn't have any lyrics or vocals; it's just music, and very catchy. it has a recurring theme and its beat seems to match the movement of the images. as for the style of the music...i can't really describe it - it's sort of retro but not seventies-style because it's most likely computer-generated music. i heard it on showcase diva in early september, but i can't remember what i was watching when it aired.
i'd leave a link to a wav file of me singing it, but my singing abilities just wouldn't help ;)

Originally posted by firegarden@Oct 3 2004, 11:01 AM
it doesn't have any lyrics or vocals; it's just music, and very catchy. it has a recurring theme and its beat seems to match the movement of the images.  as for the style of the music...i can't really describe it - it's sort of retro but not seventies-style because it's most likely computer-generated music. i heard it on showcase diva in early september, but i can't remember what i was watching when it aired.
i'd leave a link to a wav file of me singing it, but my singing abilities just wouldn't help ;)
This commercial plays a lot in Canada. The product is Sola Nero

http://www.solanero.com/

It has a link at the botom to the commerical - http://www.solanero.com/people.mpg

A few years back the Austin Powers movie Soundtrack had a track near the end called "The Book Lovers" by *Broadcast*. This commercial sounds remarkably like a remix or sampling of that song.

Actually, the song is "This is a Broadcast" by Montreal band "The Dears". I admit when I first heard it, I thought it sounded like Broadcast too. Name of the track is just a coincidence, I suppose, since the full song doesn't really sound like Broadcast. You can find it on their album "End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story".

Back