SOAPnet

ericpop27

Reaction score
What is the name of the song in the new Women's Rogaine commercial. They also use it in the promos on SOAPNet. Also if anyone could tell me ANY of the songs used in the SOAPNet promos, that'd be awesome.

I'm trying to find out the artist and song title (unless it was made just for the commercial) for the music playing on the soapnet channel during a commercial for all the main shows that air on it (The OC, One Tree Hill, etc...) And on some other sites, I saw others trying to find it out with no success but at least had a lyric to work with: I see stars
There's a synthesizer sounding keyboard - very dance 80s sounding, and a male voice sings that lyric. Someone noted that it is not: Robin Fox - I See Stars

That's the other commercial - they show two different ones. I know that song by the Bravery and that's not it. The only lyric in this song is: I see stars... and it's only a keyboard sounding instrument that sounds like dance music from the 80s.

Yes the one you found is a woman. Exact same commercial because I rewatched the one I recorded today and compared it with the one on youtube - same scenes. New song... I only just heard it a couple weeks ago and it plays during the day inbetween the other ones. Same lyric but a male. And I can't find it on youtube yet to even give an example.

Identified:

Used Tunatic (a useful tool) with SOAPNet Promo Video from YouTube.

Answer?

Moby - The Stars (full version can be heard by clicking the link)

Was also sought on the following pages:
If anyone wants to update the threads on those sites, feel free. Otherwise, let them find this one.

(terms for search engines:

I see stars
I see a star
I see the stars
soapnet ad promo commercial lyrics song music stars )

Just to clarifiy, there seems to be two similar ads being discussed here at the moment.

This SOAPnet commercial (which isn't using "Stars" by Moby) is still unidentified.

sgkdsfhgsoks - thanks for the link to the tunatics. However, there are two different promo songs. The one you found the song to is the woman singing... the one I want is a man. It sounds very 80s dance. I have a link to it above at youtube. But this gives me hope that it's not just something made for the commercial but could be an actual song.

If you listen to this link - it's a man singing what sounds like: I see stars... it's not as clear as the woman though. But you hear what sounds like a synthesizer...

Thanks for all your help!

OK. Thanks to the moderator for pointing out there are two different songs for the Soapnet ad (that's why he gets the big bucks! ;)). The version with a male singer is also used in a Sony Playstation promo and a promo for something called Twilight Penelope (and also maybe in a special called Valentino, King of Couture). Both can be viewed through Google Videos (but the King of Couture one can't).

It seems like it's a stock song for ads. See the following discussion threads (but the answer isn't in any of them as of the date of this post; only wrong answers):

The other song most of us have been looking for is called "Watching Stars" it was written by Shahrooz Raoofi, it's in a music library at apmmusic.com Under the Advanced search..you need the library code CDGML CD number 8700 ..There's a nice 3 minute version of the song there plus shorter versions. You can listen but I don't think you can download it.. might be able to tape it though..

It's on the Electro-Clash CD with the DEDGood Music Library..

http://www2.playdedgood.com/pages/category_search/database_search.cfm
If you can get to that page to search just put in Watching Stars and they have a version of it too.
I hope this helps everyone that's been looking for this song.. It's stock music like they've said.. but it's a catchy tune. :D

Happy Holidays everyone..

george behrendt's wake up call - soapnet

i need to know what this song is its killing me... it plays during the soapnet commercial for wake up call. its just a little guitar tune, there aren't any lyrics. i was just hoping someone might know.

even if youve found the commercial online that would be helpful. please help!

Back