Snickers folksy

gina88

Reaction score
There is a new Snickers ad campaign where a guy sings a folksy song describing Snickers. Does anyone know what I'm talking about. I have heard the melody of the song in the commerical before.

Yes...
With the guy in the suit standing there singing.

Something about "Caramel Waterfalls".

Its on Adult Swim Everynite. I'll try to catch the words this evening.

Something about.
"Chocolate covered mountains tops
and Waterfalls of Caramel"

-more song-

"Bringing the Song of Satisfaction to the World".

I'm googling but no luck.

While I doubt it's a 'real' song, it does remind me of something... but I haven't put my finger on it yet.

I realized what song it was that it reminds me of but I'm a little embarrassed to say because it's not all that close :ermm: but it reminded me of the chorus from "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" by Elton John which of course is a MUCH better song :blush: and then a Stevie Nicks tune kept bleeding into it... "Landslide" I think... :rolleyes: there's just too much music in my head I guess :blink: :wacko: :whistle:

Originally posted by Dekukid@Jun 18 2006, 05:21 PM
It is Elton John's Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.
Yep.
Thats right..nice.

It just uses its own verse to the chorus part..

While Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
Sons of bankers, sons of lawyers
Turn around and say good morning to the night
For unless they see the sky
But they can't and that is why
They know not if it's dark outside or light

B)

Originally posted by Dekukid@Jun 18 2006, 04:21 PM
It's not actually the same - but it did remind me of that song. (Scroll up a few posts) If you listen to them side by side you should be able to hear the difference.

Originally posted by NumyMufn+Jun 21 2006, 12:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NumyMufn @ Jun 21 2006, 12:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dekukid@Jun 18 2006, 04:21 PM
It's not actually the same - but it did remind me of that song. (Scroll up a few posts) If you listen to them side by side you should be able to hear the difference. [/b][/quote]
Yes, but I'm positive its based of that, he repeats the first part instead of changing the melody to the second part of the song..

They just put out a new one where he is in a restuarant and sings it for some guy.

Its still great and soothing.

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1981

Boom theres the vid of the second commercial I have seen featuring this song. And in case anyone was wondering the words are:

"Happy peanuts sown
over chocolate covered mountain-tops,
and waterfalls of caramel,
prancing nuget in the meadow
sings a song of satisfaction to the world."

not sure but it might be
..happy peanuts soar...
and
..prancing nuget in the middle...

either way the song is sweet!

The first time that I heard this ad I immediately thought of Morrissey/The Smiths...

this is what he says

Happy peanut soars, over chocolate covered mountain tops and waterfalls of caramel.
Prancing nouget in the middle sings a song of satisfaction to the world. :p

Does anyone know who the guy is that is singing that song? His voice and face seem familiar.

Does anyone happen to know the tableture for this song? I am totally going to buy a snickers for a random stranger and play that song for them. As for the guitar player, it might be Jack Mulcahy.

Back