Skil Lithium Ion

f1addict

Reaction score
The new Skil Lithium Ion commercial has a very cool, technoesq soundtrack but I've had no luck finding any information on the net. Problem is, the ad is only playing on home improvement channels like DIY and HGTV, not exactly the forum for that type of music and not the channels most fans of that music might be watching. Hopefully, I'm wrong and someone here recognizes the music.

Obviously, it's only a 30 second clip in the commercial. Even if it was music written specifically for the ad and is only that long, I'd be willing to loop it to make a 3 minute track. Isn't all techno a loop, anyway? ;)

I asked about this a couple months ago, that post has sunk off the bottom end of the 10th page with no replys. So, I'll ask again now that the commercial has been out a while and perhaps someone who might know has seen it.

Description:

The commercial is for Skil Lithium Ion tools and shows a bunch of different people doing various things with power tools in a stark white environment. The music is a mixture of 80s generated drum beats and current techno synth with a synthesized background voice saying something like "don't stop".

That's it, hopefully someone knows.

Originally posted by f1addict@Jan 10 2008, 07:57 PM
Hey! I found a link :D

The vid poster says:

i contacted the exe producer and he said they had commissioned a song from an artist but that it didn't fit. so at like 2 am while editing they picked a song off a "stock" music cd. he said he doesn't remember the name of the collection because they listened to so many all night long. i know this doesn't help much, sorry. if i ever get ahold of the editor i can ask him but that might be a long shot.

B)

That's great info Dr. Memory. Unfortunate that it's not available, but at least I know. Thanks for doing the legwork, I appreciate it. I used to have a friend who scratched and I could have sworn that I remember him having this music in his collection, on vinyl. He's now a chef and sold all of his records years ago. I sent him the link and he thinks it sounds familiar, but has no idea.

I'll post here if I ever find out. Thanks again.

Back