Showgirls

missmamamoon

Reaction score
Okay, totally obscure and kind of old and forgotten, I'm sure, but it's been driving me crazy for years. There is a song that was played in the trailer for Showgirls that was not in the actual film (at least I don't think so). I can't even remember specific lyrics (other than "I wanna...?), but I did also hear the song in a club once during the 90s. It sounds a lot like Madonna, but I don't think it's her. Basically it's a womans voice against a trancey tune just talking in a really slow and sexy way and ends up being a rhythmic, slow beat.

Anyone have any idea? I'll be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

Well, here's a listing of music in the Showgirls trailers, but I don't think it mentions the track you are looking for.

Do you a link to the trailer?

I don't have a link, but the ones I have searched don't seem to have the song on it. Really weird. I'm totally going from memory and perhaps am just hallucinating. I'm thinking it was a song that was going to cost too much to put in the video, so they used a clip for one of the t.v. trailers. Probably one of those things that will bug me for the rest of my life, unless I magically hear it again! Thanks for trying!

Originally posted by mrdj92+Jul 20 2008, 09:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrdj92 @ Jul 20 2008, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jca@Mar 11 2007, 08:59 AM
Well, here's a listing of music in the Showgirls trailers, but I don't think it mentions the track you are looking for.

Do you a link to the trailer?
can this be it?

[/b][/quote]
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE MUSIC TO THIS:

I always thought the opening was bits and pieces from Bjork's "Army of Me", then the middle was Traci Lords' "Control". The final piece of music is a track from the film played in the stripclub scene right before Elizabeth Berkley is paid by Gina Gershon to dance for Kyle MacLachlan.

Back