Renaissance Hotels and Resorts

jrs044

Reaction score
Not too long ago there was a commercial (I cannot say for certain what it was advertising, though I think it may have been a car commercial) that ended with someone crooning the Cole Porter classic "You Do Something to Me," over a guitar strumming. Can anybody tell me who was singing this or what the commercial was for? I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks for reading!

I saw the commercial again tonight on the Fox News Channel and it is for Renaissance Hotels and Resorts. It begins with a woman singing a jazzy version of the song ("Do do that voodoo that you do so well"), and is then followed by the slower version, sung by a man, that I am inquiring about. Any help would be just great. Thanks.

For anybody who's interested, I wrote to Renaissance and they said that Marc "Walking in Memphis" Cohn is the singer.

Originally posted by jrs044@Oct 1 2004, 06:58 AM
Not too long ago there was a commercial (I cannot say for certain what it was advertising, though I think it may have been a car commercial) that ended with someone crooning the Cole Porter classic "You Do Something to Me," over a guitar strumming.  Can anybody tell me who was singing this or what the commercial was for?  I would really appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks for reading!
In France, it's for new Mc Do ad and it's Brian Ferry's cover :)

Back