Old Navy "Pattern Play"

FutureMedia

Reaction score
Can someone identify the new song my Light of Toronto that is used in the new March campaign. It features the same Black woman from the February ads. This time she's trying to decide which shoes to wear then leaves with shorts. Can't find change for a pay phone which a young man walks up and puts in the coin slot. Then she's walking a pair of dogs with her girlfriends and along comes another young man with a darling puppy in his arms which she almost goes to see more of but her girlfriend grabs her and insists they continue on down the sidewalk. Then she's at her door and can't find her keys when another young man comes up with his and lets them both in the apartment building.

There are two soundtracks and video mixes to this ad so far. the High Def version is just Light singing one word "Why?" I think. The other one which is the 16x9 Standard Def version has a completely different musical mix with a lot of lyrics. Both are one minute ads. Here are the lyrics from the SD version.

I found it http://www.myspace.com/lightsnoise is her web page on my space it's called "White" by Lights of Toronto Ontario Canada

White White White White White White White White
Don't let rainclouds cry at all of your braids
Let the other side of darkness kiss your face
Into the sea into sea
Do you feel bright? Do you see light?
Do your shadows white

Evidently, it's the song White. She goes by the name "Lights" and was voted Toronto's #1 unsigned artist.

Back