new Jaguar commercial

Spryguy

Reaction score
I'm seeing a new (I think) Jaguar commercial out, done in that same "gorgeous" style, likely a sequel in that series of ads. This one focuses on "beauty" as its operative word.

The music in this one has that effect like it's being played backwards -- that is, one instrument's notes sort of crescendo each time. This one isn't the "Two Rocks and a Cup of Water" track by Massive Attack from the first "gorgeous" commercial, it's a new commercial. I think.

Anyone know? Many thanks.

I thought that the first "Gorgeous" spot's music was ...

Prefuse 73 - "Bad Memory Interlude One" - CD: Surrounded by Silence

Link here

You say Massive Attack ... is is possible that there's another Jaguar ad with that?

I dunno ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

The first "Gorgeous" spot's music is not Prefuse, although Prefuse 73 may have been used in some other campaign or tie-in.

If you hop over to this page and listen/watch the first "Gorgeous" spot there, the music you hear is:

Massive Attack - "Two Rocks and a Cup of Water" CD: Danny the Dog

The new Jag XJ8 spot I'm seeing now is done in that same visual/editing style as the first "Gorgeous" spot but it's new, and the music is really cool (to me at least). But I don't know if it's Massive Attack.

Anyone?

Okay, just saw this commercial again and I caught some of Dafoe's voiceover.

"Everyone wants gorgeous... Gorgeous wants for nothing."
So it is another one in that series, although it's not the first one.

Anyone else catching this?

I've seen the commerical I believe. The first time I saw it the song was one by Ratatat, I believe either El Pico or Spanish Armada. Then I saw it a couple nights later and it was a different song, so not sure.

Yes the new Jaguar commercial is Prefuse 73 - "Bad Memory Interlude One"

awesome song. I liked the sound of this band, they sound like a band that could have a song in Fight Club Soundtrack.

i saw this new one during the oscars
it mentioned something abou southern california jaguar dealers i cant remember too much but if anyone in los angeles saw it i was wondering if you new the song

I'm also trying to find out what the name of the song is. They also play it on Kroq once and awhile

PLEASE HELP!!

I believe the song for the new Jaguar commercial seen during the Oscars is by Spoon and the song is called "I Turn My Camera On".

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by potomanic@Mar 7 2006, 07:20 PM
I believe the song for the new Jaguar commercial seen during the Oscars is by Spoon and the song is called "I Turn My Camera On".

Hope this helps.
It's really interesting to have stupid people around.

Instead of reading what has been written up there, u're still asking the same question.

It's been said 3 times that the song is Prefuse 73 - Bad memory interlude One

are you stupid enough not to read the posts before you, or just plain don't want to believe.

sorry, a little rant here, but i can't stand stupid and ignorant people.

maria, did you read my last post? seems like you copied it word for word.

anyways, were still hoping someone knows the name of this song

Success! :D

Thank you for contacting Jaguar Cars.

The "Wants" commercial features the song "Bustelo" by Ratatat.

Sincerely,

Colleen Hogan
Jaguar Cars

Back