Napoleon Dynamite

There's a scene in the movie where he's on his way to the prom but he's in his uncle's truck waiting for him as he's in someone's home making a sale. Napoleon gets tired of waiting and descides he's going to walk. As he's walking there's a song playing as the camera moves from his feet up showing him in his cheezy prom suit. Whats that song? thx

does anyone know where i can find he name of the song and the artist who plays the music where they are showing the different things that are going on like Pedro's family having a party for him for winning the presidency and Kip Leaving with La Fawnduh etc.

Try imdb.com or allmusic. If that doesn't work I can just skim through the Dvd and use the soundtrack.

the song is called "music for a found harmonium". it wasn't on the soundtrack, but you can find it on the web

:D It was on the imdb list linked above though:

"Music for a Found Harmonium"
Written by Simon Harry Jeffes
Performed by Penguin Cafe Orchestra
Courtesy of Virgin Records Ltd.
Under license from EMI Film & Television Music

~ Mia ~

hey there sickboy and mia, thanks for helping me with my query, both of your posts were very helpful!

Napoleon has a soundtrack at Amazon with all those songs even that one, i know what one your talking about. You can listen to free samples at Itunes/Amazon etc.. or just buy the soundtrack or download on whatever program you have. :)

i have already looked through the forum and ive had no luck at all. im trying to find the song that plays while youre looking through the scene selection, it is kind of a technoish/pop/new age modern something or other. please help

Does anybody know what the song that is playing while Napoleon is getting a ride to the dance from pedro's sweet cousins with the hook ups? it is kinda hip-hop ish. thanks

I searched for that song long and hard without any results. So as an alternative, I recorded the song from that scene into mp3 format. I think that song was made specifically for the movie and that small clip.

figured that it was a "custom" job. nice to see that i am not the only one that liked it.

Originally posted by Christopher_WalkENZ@Aug 1 2006, 10:11 PM
I think you should check out Zapp & Rogers' "So Rough, So Tough."

I hope it's not a huge disappointment!
The Zapp & Rogers song is part of the clip in this scene. I think there is a heavier rap bass mixed over the original song. Christopher Walken is the man by the way especially Gert Beef Robe in Joe Dirt or Clem. "I'm from Brooklyn, I mean Kansas"

Back