Mystery car commercial - Randy Newman song?

TServo2049

Reaction score
Hello,

A couple days ago, I saw this car commercial. I've actually seen it several times, but I forget which car it's for. It might be Nissan, I think I remember seeing that logo on screen, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, it has a guy singing along really badly with his radio while he's driving down a road. One of the songs we hear him singing has him saying something like, "All I need, is the aaaaiiir to breathe..." or something, while a piano is playing in the background.

It sounded for all the world like he was singing a Randy Newman song, but I'm not sure what song it was. Could anyone help me...?

It also had him singing some rock song, and the voiceover saying something about "It won't help your singing" or "Some things never change" or somesuch. Does anybody have any help for me?

No, it sounds nothing like that. It sounds like a Randy Newman song. Laid back, piano, something you'd expect Randy Newman to sing...

Originally posted by TServo2049@Feb 4 2007, 10:03 AM
No, it sounds nothing like that. It sounds like a Randy Newman song. Laid back, piano, something you'd expect Randy Newman to sing...
I get google hits on:

Simply Red or The Hollies for a song called "The Air That I Breathe."

:unsure: :blink: :)

The title could be anything. The lyrics might not be online. I have no idea if that's even what he sang.

All I know is that it had a 30something guy driving in a car along some road with a lot of trees and grass on both sides, singing with the radio. It was a sedan ad or something, I think.

The car company logo at the end was silver on a black background.

It usually seems to show up, IIRC, on Comcast Sports Network, in the Sacramento area. Maybe it's a California or Northern California ad, I dunno. It's not some cheaply-made ad, I know that.

The title is correct. I am also looking for that particular version of the song. I have quite a few, The Hollies -Original, KD Lang, Albert Hammond, Simply Red. But none of these are the version used in that commerical.

Did anyone find the singer of that version?

I believe the ad referred to is about changing an air filter on a vehicle. It is an Advance Auto Parts commercial featuring the song "The Air That I Breathe". Sounds like The Hollies to me.

Back