My Chocolate Sprinkle Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had a president, it just sounds cooler than PRIME MINISTER
like: "Yo mista president!" decently awesome
or "yo wazzup prime minister" darn lame

Heeey Mel!! Just went downtown for a bit, went to a skate/longboard shop, checked it out, went to a big mall, check some stuff out there, got some fries and a burger... on the way home my dad and I kinda talked what we liked in Holland n' stuff. It was great!!!

How are you My Mellie Miss Melissa?

well I'm not so sure. It was my parent's idea. They told us (my bro and i) that they had actually been thinking of moving o Canada before we were even born so and uuh, yeah. We had been to Canada twice before we moved here, first time was in '98 I think, the other I dunno, prolly the next summer in 99, then on April 3rd 2002 we moved here. We just liked it soo much. Nice people, beautiful locations like also the houses ya know, we live in a massice house by the ocean now, like 3 miles away from the US border lol. There's just so much to do here and we were all happy to be here, but then, I do miss a lot things that I liked better in my hometown back in the Netherlands, but you porlly wont understand how it's like cause all people outside Hollad think we live in these windmills or something with funny clothes and wooden shoes and survive on cheeses. It's wrong, like that all the stuff tourists get to hear but it's not like that at all, never been, like maybe back in the 1900 - 19650's or something. I just miss lots.

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 08:39 PM
it's like cause all people outside Hollad think we live in these windmills or something with funny clothes and wooden shoes and survive on cheeses.
You know we were kidding, right? :unsure:

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 04:50 PM
I wish we had Prime Minister... it sounds like a steak :lol:

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 08:39 PM
but you porlly wont understand how it's like cause all people outside Hollad think we live in these windmills or something with funny clothes and wooden shoes and survive on cheeses.
Oh please, we were only teasing you about that earlier since you said all Americans think the only things in Holland are windmills and cheese. Despite what you've heard, some of us are incredibly intelligent people and do understand the difference between stereotypes shown in cartoons from the 40's and reality.

Tell me about it, it's not like I won't understand. Shoot, there's enough of a contrast between the different parts of this country that I get a huge culture shock just going to visit family in Michigan.. I know what that's like.

Originally posted by Enyone+Jun 12 2005, 08:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Enyone @ Jun 12 2005, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 04:50 PM
I wish we had Prime Minister... it sounds like a steak :lol: [/b][/quote]
Remember.. I did say SOME of us.

:) Just kidding Erika. ;)

I see
Well I didn't really mean to say that YOU guys were teasing me, I meant in general, on tv shows, documentaries, even movies like Goldmember, it's so wrong. And the people here (in Canada) aren't really as smart to be honest, I don't know, there's a lotta things that are a lot better here in Canada but to me there's better things in Amsterdam no matter how bad it actually was, like all the crime, business, stress perhaps, but that's where I was born, that's how I've grown up. This is very different you know. Like this isn't how my life used to be, I mean sure it's much better now (if I'd still be in Amsterdam I'd be such a bad kid lol) but it's still different.

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 08:52 PM
even movies like Goldmember
Ohhh honey, you know that's a comedy right? It's not meant to be accurate. :lol:

I know, but at school its a different story cause like I said, Canadians aren't as smart as Dutch people. but just besides all that, think about it, born in a certain country, live there for 13 years and then move somewhere else and then continue there as a teenager, you werent born there, so yeah. it just feels weird, it feels like I live here which I obviously do but it also feels as if I've never really left Holland.

Originally posted by Gussler@Jun 12 2005, 09:00 PM
I know, but at school its a different story cause like I said, Canadians aren't as smart as Dutch people. but just besides all that, think about it, born in a certain country, live there for 13 years and then move somewhere else and then continue there as a teenager, you werent born there, so yeah. it just feels weird, it feels like I live here which I obviously do but it also feels as if I've never really left Holland.
Aww I know what you mean, I never could make the transition so I had to move back home to Florida.

Yeah but that's the same country ya know like, it's not like a different language, government, school system and other things. Or did you mean something else? For my bro and I this was a major step, for my parents as well but we were still kids, well, early teens I guess or "preteens". Like I was shaking the first time I entered this classroom that I had to be in all by myself with the language completely different without MOMMY AND DADDY!!! lol, nah, but yeah, mhm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back