Monster.com "Don't Fight Monday"

Meehu

Reaction score
Trying to find the name of the song in the monster ad where everybody tries to fight off the sun. I think at the end it says "fight mondays" or something to that effect.

Wow.......I was looking for your ad on YouTube Meehu and it came on TV. :lol: Don't know the music. All strings. Hope it's not something made for the ad.

monster.com spot aired on fiesta bowl broadcast 1-2-08. anyone know what song it is?

Hi everybody

I was doing work on the computer when amongst the babbling of tv commercials this beautiful song emerged. I couldn't believe it was from a monster.com commercial! I contacted customer service and they responded right away with:

"Thank you for contacting Monster Customer Central.

I am glad to assist you with your issue.

The name of the new song is "Daybreak" and directed by Nicolai Fuglsig."

Nicolai Fuglsig directed the commercial and had nothing to do with the song. I tried finding the song everywhere but couldn't without knowing the name of the artist. iTunes had hundreds of songs entitled "daybreak," none of which sounded like the commercial. I replied back to the email asking for the artist's name, and will post once I get an answer.

Originally posted by wuxingwarrior3@Jan 3 2008, 03:35 PM
Thank you for contacting Monster Customer Central.

I am glad to assist you with your issue.

The name of the new song is "Daybreak" and directed by Nicolai Fuglsig.
Looks like the Monster.com customer service response may have confused the name of the TV spot being called "Daybreak" and/or the music was created just for the ad hence the same title:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...icle&ID=1090452

I can't seem to find the song associated with the commercial entitled "Daybreak".

An email response received suggested they had heard this request multiple times but then fed me exactly what was posted above with no information on the song. It makes me think that the song is for commercial only but hopefully someone else will have better luck than I did.

I will keep checking this thread just in case :(

Contacting BBDO might get better results if anyone cares enough to try.

BBDO
roy.elvove(at)bbdo.com

Here is a full version on You Tube thats not crappy quality

i'm looking into the music, will let you know when i find something out

Well I have some bad news, I just received an e-mail saying:

"The 'Daybreak' commercial created by New York-based BBDO Worldwide and it is an original composition. So, it is currently not available online."

Guess that means we're out of luck, it's a very nice song.

Well it seems that Claude was right, I just received this from Roy Elvove of BBDO.

Thanks so much for your interest in the music used in the Monster commercial, “Daybreak.”

The music is an original composition, created by Cherry-Tate Music Productions in New York. It was created solely for the commercial and is not available for other purposes at this time.

Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roy Elvove

Director, Corporate Communications

Thanks everyone for your help

It figures. All the amazing songs are impossible to get. I felt the same way when I heard. It stood out from all the other babblings of other commercials. Keep updating if anything is found.

go back to her profile. it's on her music player. "Daybreak" by Rebecca Cherry

Back