Miss America 2006

hornetsfanjc

Reaction score
Does anyone know the title/artist to this song used in the Ms America 2006 spot airing on CMT ? It is Hawaiian style music with some female humming.

If anyone has any information regarding this, please post it. :)

Thanks!

JC

Could someone please help me figure out what the name of the song is in this commercial. It sounds like a hawaiian style song but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for all those who help.

dupe topics merged.

haven't seen the ad. is the song just humming, or are there any lyrics you remember?

it's just some female humming. It's Hawaiian/Island style music with a banjo playing. Very catchy .... It airs on CMT. It is a commercial for the upcoming Ms. America 2006 contest.

JC

Okay, after doing some extensive research i have found the information regarding this song.

Song Title: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World
Artist: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

You can purchase the album here that has this song on it from Amazon.

Amazon link

Enjoy!

Jason

Um, it is .... Actually the commercial spot airs the chorus part only which has a female humming.

Must be a different version then the one on Facing Future then. I haven't heard that version.

Glad you found it.

He was great.

After your first post I was going to mention this song, but the female humming thing through me off.

Just to add a bit of trivia to this, the song that hornetsfanjc mentioned was also used in "ER"'s final episode for Anthony Edwards (Dr. Mark Greene) when he died at the bungalow he had rented in Hawaii.

Originally posted by Compudoc@Jan 12 2006, 11:31 AM
Just to add a bit of trivia to this, the song that hornetsfanjc mentioned was also used in "ER"'s final episode for Anthony Edwards (Dr. Mark Greene) when he died at the bungalow he had rented in Hawaii.
:(

Not meant to be a bummer proof - it was where I first heard the version of the song, and the song in a lot of ways was a fitting ending for Dr. Greene. Yes, initially it was sad, but then it seemed very uplifting.

You can also download it from .

This song has been all over the place in the past few years. ER, Big Bounce trailer, Meet Joe Black, 50 First Dates, MCI ad, MacWorld Keynote 05, eToys ad, Cold Case, Hallmark ads, Finding Forrester... just to name a few off my growing list.

I's a great song, but it's kind of getting overused. Still love it though. :)

Back