Mastercard candy store

dgpdfw

Reaction score
JUst saw a Mastercard commercial where a cople is walking through a "magical" candy store. The song playing in the backsground is a modern version of the song "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Anyone have a clue as to who is singing this modern version?

I don't think that's it, actually. Maroon 5's redition of Pure Imagination is WAY more laid back and mellow than the song used in the M/C commerical.

Keep looking...

I've been looking for this too...it may be the smoking popes on the album destination failure, crica 1997.

Hi everybody. This is my first post. I am sorry that I can't be more specific but I am pretty sure that it is a Citibank commercial I am referring to. The song in the background sounds like a remake of "Pure Imagination" from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. Does anybody have any idea who sings this???? There is a lot of guitar in the song (I think) if that helps....

Thanks guys.

Smoking Popes sounds like it but I still thinks it's a little more upbeat version.

Actually, the correct version used in the commercial is a cover of "Pure Imagination" by The Ataris.

where can I buy a copy of the song? Its not on Itunes

Does anyone know who performs the version of "Pure Imagination" played on the new MasterCard commercial?

nope, i have that version and it's a different one, the one in the commercial is more upbeat

I have been looking for who does this song for about two weeks now. Two days ago, while looking for the song "Always Something There To Remind Me" I found a version by the Hippos. I listened to it, and it's the exact same sound as the song in the Mastercard commercial!
My problem is this; I can't find "Pure Imagination" by the Hippos anywhere. Can anyone help?

Hi all. I figured the best way to solve this riddle was to email mastercard. Here's the response I recieved, depressing as it is.

Thank you for your inquiry to MasterCard International.

We create original music for most of our advertisements. This means that a
music company hires musicians to create a new song specifically for the
advertisement. Unfortunately, there is no way to get a copy of this song
and in fact, there is no real song, just 30-45 seconds of music.

Best regards,

MasterCard International
Customer Service Center

So no one was right, and we'll never get what we want. That was way too depressing to find out at 8:00 this morning. Sorry!

"there is no real song...."

noooooo! aaaargh, i love that version

why can't that band just release the song, i'd buy it

Well that blows!!!

The first time I saw this commercial, I knew I had to have this song and now I find out that the song doesn't exist!!!! :banghead:

Back