Mansfield Park Trailer Music

Cerise

Reaction score
Evening,

I just saw the Mansfield Park (Jane Austen-inspired-flick, ca. 1999 I think) theatrical trailer, and am going nuts trying to find the composer/artist/life history of a song that plays near the end of the trailer.

Most of the music in the trailer is stuff from "Emma" and from the Mansfield Park soundtrack itself, but the song I want to know about is this gorgeous symphonic (sounds like) bit with wordless female vocals on top. Aahh-ing and ooo-ing. Heartrending stuff. Any information at all about who's singing or who composed it or whatever would make my day.

Thanks...

Thanks, but no dice. While that (beautiful) song does fit the description I gave, it's not the one featured on the Mansfield Park theatrical trailer. The vocals are sung in a more contemporary style, for one thing. Not such rounded tones.

I know this isn't much to go on...

maybe the song is on the soundtrack ? they would say in the discography...i tried to look it up but no luck yet :unsure:

cause i actually have the movie...i'll see if anything pops up at the end of the credits....

Yes, I also own the DVD and have searched high and low on it and found nothing. Torture, torture.

I just watched the trailer, and it sounded like the same song the entire trailer... I'm not sure though, I don't recognize though. :unsure:

Well, I believe I found the track that you are looking for. At first I thought it might be from Shakespeare in Love as suggested by soundtrack.net, but have since come to find out the track is from a different soundtrack.

The soundtrack is Great Expectations by composer Patrick Doyle. The track number is 8 on the CD and it is called "Kissing In The Rain" and features the voice of Miriam Stockley.

There is a real audio clip that I found at Film Tracks that should confirm my findings I believe. The clip is located on the left side of website.

Great Expectations soundtrack (and Mansfield Park trailer music)

Also here's a link to CD Universe that has a different clip from the same track.

Cheers :D

Goodasgold, you've made a Monday morning much better. I don't know how in the hell you figured this out, but I'm hugely grateful. This has been bugging me for days. Thank you so much! You're a wonder!

How'd you find it, anyway?

Originally posted by Cerise@Jul 19 2004, 08:09 AM
Goodasgold, you've made a Monday morning much better. I don't know how in the hell you figured this out, but I'm hugely grateful. This has been bugging me for days. Thank you so much! You're a wonder!

How'd you find it, anyway?
Happy to help!:D

I found someone who asked the same question that you asked in the imdb forum. And to my great surprise and excitement I found the answer. I figured that someone must have wondered the same thing at some time so I searched all the forums that I usually visit and got lucky.

That's a pretty awesome track. Patrick Doyle composed one of my favorite soundtracks; Much Ado About Nothing. So I was pretty happy to see that it was his composition that was used in that trailer.

Well, you're brilliant.

He did Much Ado, too? (Hey, that rhymes...) I have that on DVD - love it.

Thanks again, and cool Iron Giant trailer.

Back