Love in the Time of Cholera

Its called "kissing in the rain" by tori amos from Great Expectations Soundtrack.

This one's on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of it:

The beginning music from the trailer for 'Love in the time of cholera'. It's a plaintive oboe followed by the same air from the full orchestra.

Thanks.

The trailer is segmented into three with the third being Patrick Doyle's "Kissing in the Rain." It's not by Tori Amos, and I believe Doyle used another vocalist for the piece. This can be found on the CD "Great Expectations: The Score" (Track 8). Amazon has it for sale.

The middle portion is either from the soundtrack itself or music from "The Motorcycle Diaries" score by Gustavo Santaolalla. I'm not entirely sure given that there's so much dialogue overlapping the background music.

The first portion of the trailer features Thomas Newman's "Angels in America" score (Main Title Track) for the HBO miniseries.

I hope this helps and greatly appreciate anyone confirming or offering up what they believe is the music featured during the second portion. Also, my apologies if any of this info overlaps previous post(s)...this is my first on this forum.

Happy Turkey Day!

Oh, and for the Spanish trailer, the music featured is Shakira's "Despedida" song which can be found on the movie soundtrack and only on iTunes.

queendiva is my new hero (or heroine as the case may be). Whew. I was never going to find that on my own. I saw angels in america years ago--great mini-series and great music as well.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving to you as well.

Originally posted by brel@Nov 21 2007, 01:38 PM
queendiva is my new hero (or heroine as the case may be). Whew. I was never going to find that on my own. I saw angels in america years ago--great mini-series and great music as well.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving to you as well.
You're welcome brel and thanks for dubbing me your heroine. :D

Cheers!

I'm glad someone finally put that it isn't Tori doing the vocals on "kissing in the rain" I love tori but she only does the vocals on the first two songs on "great expectations"But remember that"kissing in the rain" has a bit of an intro before the vocals begin so don't think you got the wrong song.

Back