LG steam washer

Originally posted by Maximus2Dali@May 19 2006, 07:06 PM
It sounds NOTHING like this Lekman song - I just downloaded this song and I have no idea what commercial you saw but it wasnt the LG Steam Washer one :)... Nice song though.
Ummmm... I saw the commercial where the lady in a slate blue silk dress is walking around the city and she goes home and puts her dress in an LG washing machine. She then takes out the dress and wears it out again with her husband.

And the instrumentals they play sound EXACTLY like the ones in the Jens Lekman song. And how did you download the song? It's not even available on any legal or illegal download services.

it's an original piece of music. not to sound all super stealth but all i can say is, trust me on this one.

i read elsewhere that it is a Sweet Summers Night on Hammer Hill by Jens Lekman... but I'm not sold on that answer...

It actually sounds like a bit of a brass rendition of Doves - Black and White Town...

I would love to know this answer as well...

lol this is a funny one....

i also read that it was a Jens song A Sweet Summers Night on Hammer Hill... its close, but not as fresh and lively as the one in the commercial...

I was drawn to the commercial because im a hugh Doves Fan.... it sounds just like their release last year "Black and White Town" only in brass....

If Target says that this fella Paul Brill.... i think he's been biting pretty hard

I vaguely remmeber this commercial but it has a woman who i believe stains her shirt and later means up with a man for a date. I think that it. But the song had a trumpet and piano in it. Gah wats the name of that washer and dryer?! was it maytag?

Much thanks in advance :)))

NO! ok, The washer and dryer are LG, she's wearing a blue dress that gets all drity throughout her day

I'm pretty sure it's the Jens Lekman song. It's been bothering me for weeks, trying to figure out what song it was. I knew it was a song I have, and I thought it was a Mosquitos song. But no, it's the Jens Lekman.

Does anyone know the song for the LG Washingmachine Steamer thing commercial? It's a lady walking through town, and she's on a bus, etc. all while these horns are playing. And I guess she gets dirty, comes home, throws her shirt in the LG Steamer (it's blue), and then puts it on and goes out with her boyfriend or something. Anyone know the music?

I defenitely think this song is a brass band version of Martha Reeves and the Vendellas Motown classic "Heat Wave"...which would serve to go along with the purpose of the LG Steam Machine. I am slightly obsessed with finding out the artist of this song!!!

I've listened to both the Jens Lekman song and Heatwave with Martha Reeves and the Standells. I dont think its possible to mistake the commercial as Lekman after listening to Heatwave.

Cooler heads should prevail. Listen to both of the songs. After all the point is to find the truth not just defend our opinions. Just my :2cents:

Ok, I've listened to:

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Heatwave
The Doves - Black and White Town

They both sound alike but not the same as the commercial.

The commercial does seem to be inspired a bit by Jens Lekman's "A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill" but still it's not the same.

I'd have to say the commercial's music is superior to all the ones mentioned above.

Originally posted by mad902@Jun 1 2006, 08:46 PM
Turns out it's not really him, but he knows about it:

http://www.jenslekman.com/records/smalltalk.htm
An important link to follow if we're to get to the bottom of this. Lekman claims he was approached months ago by LG for the use of "Hammer Hill", and he declined, offering instead a similar-sounding track he threw together with a trumpet and trombone player. The LG people didn't like it, and from the sound of it went ahead and farmed out their own little jazzy derivative to put in the commercial.

My hang-up, as seems to be others' in this thread, is that the LG soundalike simply kills. A clip or something would be helpful.

My strongest conviction is still that it is a jazz version of Heatwave because of the whole "steam" washer thing...advertising people are witty. I'm still searching for it too...

Did anyone else try to contact LG? Someone mentioned Paul Brill, I don't think it's his type of music judging from the music samples on his website.

LG has a TV ad section, it's not updated though.

You guys are going to keep running in circles looking for a song that doens't exist. It's not Jens. It's not Doves. It's not Martha & the Vandelles. It was comissioned and written for the spot. I work in the biz. Suffice it to say I'm 100% positive.

does anyone know the name of the song played in the lg commercial where the woman in walking/riding subway thru city and then comes home and puts the dress the the steam dryer to freshen it up

I've been trying to find this song for weeks now, someone told mer that it was a song called "A sweet summer's night on Hammer Hill" by 'Jens Lekman'. Haven't had a chance to check it though - also I've heard that lg has a music marketing firm that makes the snippets you hear on the commercials.

It's such a fun tune that I think I would be sad if that was really true... Lemme know if you ever figure this one out!!

I hope this helps. We've all seen the link to jen's blog about how he was approached by LG and turned them down. LG then went and recorded a track on their own. If you listen to Jen's albums, alot of the backing beats and melodies were taken from older music -for instance he used a sample from The Left Banke in his track Black Cab. So the track in the commercial is probably a mix of jens and the vandellas. I've been dying to know for the longest time who he copied for the Hammer Hill track. Thanks folks.

Back