Lexus

thorfy

Reaction score
OK, there has been this ad on TV in the last few months (I think I saw it a few times in July/August), in which a silver car is driving on darkened roads. The colours are all black, white and shades of dark blue. Whenever there is a camera shot while the man is driving the car, there is this music playing sounding like a young boy or girl singing in a high voice. There is no heavy beat or anyhing like that, the music is very quiet and peaceful. As soon as the man gets out of the car, a load of people appear, the music stops and you can hear the noise of the crowd. The man gets back in the car, shuts the door and drives away and the music starts again. Anyone know what that music is? I think it's an ad for a Lexus but I can't remember and haven't seen the ad lately. Help much appreciated.

Don't worry, I found out what the music is. In case anyone else wants to know, it's called 'Open Heart Zoo' by Martin Grech.
Thanks anyway

Hi all - I just signed up.... great place you got here!! It'll be even greater if you guys can help me out ;)

I'm looking for a song that was featured in a car commercial that's been airing several years ago. We're talking at least five/six years ago. It might have been a Lexus commercial but I'm not 100% certain about this - it was definitely one of the "wanna-be luxury" cars.

The commercial was shot in black/white and showed the car driving around an eastern European city (probably Prague.) Some cobblestone, leafless trees and a mansion/palace kind of building.

The song itself was instrumental and most likely by either John Coltrane or Miles Davis. It started off with some "repetitive" piano, after a short time an English Horn (or whatever that instrument's called that Kenny G's playing) joins in.

That's all the info I got on the song..... Hope it's enough.

To narrow down, did you see this in US, Canada, Europe, elsewhere?

After some searching, I've come up with what is probably a long-winded and long shot of an answer:

"Open Heart Zoo" by Martin Grech

The song starts with what I'd describe as repetitive piano and is followed by what sounds sort of like a "wind" instrument (whether it be clarinet). I just happen to have an album with the song on it.

The only audio sample I can find it through Martin Grech's website. Try this link and press the "play" button to the left side... It should give you a choice of five or so songs, and you can listen to "Open Heart Zoo."

This song was used in a Lexus ad from 2002, featuring a European town with some guy getting out of the car and, I think, singing. (All this is from reading other's descriptions -- I haven't seen the ad.)

Does any of this help? :unsure:

Thanks for your extensive help/research michelle! It's not the song I'm looking for but quite interesting music - I'm gonna check out more of Grecht B)

The commercial aired in the U.S. (I don't know if it was shown outside of the U.S.)

The only other thing that might be helpful in hunting down "my" song: John Coltrane's "My Favorite Things" has a part that sounds JUST like the song I'm looking for....

Mitsubishi had an add several years ago with, I believe an instrumental version, the song "My Favorite Things." If you're familiar with that song, it's pretty distinctive... I haven't been able to find what version or who did the version for that particular ad -- it could have been redone by an agency just for the ad though.

Hmm... :unsure:

You're probably right - the agency most likely used a variation of the song.... OK, I'll start concentrating my search on "My Favorite Things."

Updates will be posted as they come. Thanks for your help!

I know exactly what song you are talking about. Several years ago I saw this commercial and some radio talk shows will use the music as "bumper" music between segments. The song does have a funky type repetitive piano beat at the beginning then progresses to some type of french horn or trumpet. I emailed the Neil Boortz talk show and they replied that the bumper music was from Huey Lewis and the News. To date I have not been able to locate which Lewis song it is. It does seem odd that Lewis would do this song because it has a real classy type of jazz sound, but this is what the radio guy told me. I hope it helps...I gave up along time ago.

I know exactly what song you are talking about. Several years ago I saw this commercial and some radio talk shows will use the music as "bumper" music between segments. The song does have a funky type repetitive piano beat at the beginning then progresses to some type of french horn or trumpet. I emailed the Neil Boortz talk show and they replied that the bumper music was from Huey Lewis and the News. To date I have not been able to locate which Lewis song it is. It does seem odd that Lewis would do this song because it has a real classy type of jazz sound, but this is what the radio guy told me. I hope it helps...I gave up along time ago.

dolfan - the song is "the heart of rock n roll"

Back