Lays potato chips with sunflower oil

gatorkk

Reaction score
There's a new Lay's commercial touting sunflower oil or some crap, and in the background plays a catchy rock song...with a chorus like "If you want it, go get it." I saw the video for that song years ago but never determined the artist. Who the heck is it?

No the song was more recent than that. I think I first heard it around 6-8 years ago and saw it late at night on MTV. Some unremarkable alternative band but I liked the song.

At the Lays site there's an ad with a sunflower theme titled A Place In the Sun. The song they use is "Feed It" by Candyskins.

That's definitely it! Crap I never check company sites anymore because they're usually useless. Many thanks to you, Trialofmiles.

Hi--caught a glimpse of the tail-end of a new Frito-Lay commercial featuring Lay's potato chips made with sunflower oil. I think it aired during the 1 vs 100 reality show. Yes, I taped some of it, but didnt get enough info. Catchy tune with rock rhythm saying something like "Want it got it need it" etc. Showed sunflowers, people dancing, being active outdoors, etc, and 50% less calories (fat?). If I see it again, I will try to tape the whole thing. THanks. Alison

Sorry---I did the search thing, and found nothing, but I was scrolling down and found that someone had asked about it already. It wasnt under Frito-Lay, so that's my error. ALison

There was a commercial that played a couple times during scrubs and 30 Rock time slot. I would have remembered the commercial had I known I wanted the song at the time(sorry). stuck in my head hours after.
sort of sounds in likes of fountains of wayne.

the rough lyrics give or take were
"you want it,
you need it,
you got it,
didn't know until you lost it."

Thanks for any help!

It's All Yours by Drop N Harmony

Early in the morning
Or late in the evening
Whenever you want it, you need it, you got it, I'mma break you off.

"I Like It Loud" by Trykshot

You want it, you need it, you got it, you've found it
We've got it, done had it, it's just you missed again
Don't sweat it, don't fear it, you betchya, you'll catch it
You'll see it, you'll live it, you'll hear it louder then

Or are you thinking of:

"Get What You Want" by Jet

???

:unsure: :D

I listened to the samples for those... unfortunately they are not it. I really appreciate the help and reply!

Sadly I have heard the song before. I would guess it is a few years old. I can't believe I am going to say this...I might just have to start watching tv just for the commercials to try and find it lol ;) .

because i was not paying too much attention at the time I could be off on the lyrics which of course makes it very hard to track it down.
Thanks again!

I did a few searches to make sure this hasn't been asked already. I'm surprised it hasn't. This commercial has been on the air for a while. I don't hear it very often, but I heard it again today and want to ask about it. I'm sorry I don't have any info about the song, besides it has lyrics. It's for Lays potato chips. That's all I remember!

Yes! That's it. I'm pretty sure the search function is messed up because I searched for "lays" and got nothing. This isn't the first time it hasn't returned results for something it should have. Oh well, thanks!

Back