Kahlua

pwrflpills

Reaction score
I've been dying to know what the music is in the Kahlua commercials! Who's the artist? What's the track? Please help!

Pete :ph34r:

First let me point out this is NOT the same music as the commercial with Bajofondo "Montserrat."

Its in some other language (spanish or somethin?) and I think the Black Eyed Peas sampled it on "Hands Up" from Elephunk.

Thanks!

The song is entitled "BO MAMBO" and it is sang (or is it sung? my English isn't so hot) by the beautiful Yma Sumac. And you were absolutely correct that this gem of a tune did get sampled on hands up by Black eyed peas. Though they inaccurately credit the song as being titled "Bo Mama" which could make searching quite difficult if that was the guide haha. At any rate I digress, Bo Mambo by Yma Sumac. Hope this helps.

features a white tiger in a cookie cutter neighborhood with couples dancing around, it aired during E news tonight. it sounds like an old mambo song. hope this this helps, help me.

Originally posted by Durma@Oct 1 2006, 08:41 PM
The song is entitled "BO MAMBO" and it is by the beautiful Yma Sumac.
You can download the song from iTunes here.

Would you also know the other song played? The one with the woman singing...? I found the Bajofondo Tango Club website and went through every song and I couldn't seem to find the one with the woman.

Thanks!

BO MAMBO by YMA SUMAC!

I just found it! So there it is....

Yay! It's a throwback to the 50's style mambo.

Montserrat is from the older Kahluah commercials...the new commercial features an older-sounding song, some kind of and there is a man singing in it, while Montserrat has no vocals...I know because I'm looking for the song from the new one, too!!!

Looking for this awesome song used in the Kahlua commercial. It sounds either Spanish or Portuguese, its a lady with a deep sensual voice. Thanks!

Hi, all --

I emailed Kahula to see if they would give me the answer to this question. And, to my surprise, they did. LOL

Here's what they said: The Artist is Yma Sumac and the title of the song is Bo Mambo .

~Shel.

I swear that I heard a rap song one day with a horn heavy sample and have been looking for it ever since. Then yesterday, I heard the same sound on a Kahlua exotic commercial.

Can anyone help with either the song or the sample source?

I think you're talking about the commercial with the woman on the hammock, song's a bit latin-esque. I'd like to know the song for that one too.

yes yes, thats the commercial the one latin type song one....does anyone know? im going crazy looking for it!

ive been looking through this site for this song. i need help! its an unusual sound. i know its sampled at the beginning of "Hands Up" by the Black Eyed Peas, and it's also in some liquor commercial showing some chick walking through a garden or something with the bottle on a tray in front of her, very classical looking. the song sounds vaguely latin classical or something and in the TV commercial the lyrics definitely sound spanish or italian. HELP!

I haven't listened to that album in forever, but now that I just did, that song DOES sound familiar. Here's a link to Amazon for those of you not familiar with the song. You are talking about the jazzy trumpet part, right?

Back