Jack Daniels

Axsuul

Reaction score
The music is from the latest Jack Daniel commercial made up of still images and the song starts off with the singer shouting "1, 2, 3, 4!" slowly.. Thanks for your time.

If this helps, I think the song's music video took place at a mall.

I am also looking for what that song is.

For some reason I thought that the words "Tomorrow" were in the song over and over, I do remember the song from years ago though. The version in the commercial I think is a live version.

I think we are talking about the same commercial / song, if not just ignore me.

i too wanted to know the name of this song, and google was turning up shit. so i remembered some of the lyrics, and i'm pretty sure it's a live recording of the new radicals you get what you give.

No, actually I think the song you're talking about is a live version of "Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction. As part of the intro he counts 1234.

Come to think of it... it does sound a little bit like the intro to that New Radicals song, but trust me, it's Jane Says. A lot of Jane's Addiction fans are having hissy fits about it.

I and 50,000 other sad sacks felt the bottom drop out of the world when VW stole Nick Drake from us. That cool kid in your dorm who always knew the best new bands... he's in advertising now.

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing about another song in a JD ad which contains the lyric, "strong as a stone" or "strong as a star." Kind of a slidey alt.country tune.

I'm taking a wild guess here ...

I did some Googling with the lyrics you provided ... "strong as a st ..."
I tried it with various words that could sorta sound like "stone" or "star" (as if the sound was blurred or somethin') ...

I tried it using the word "storm" ...

I got this ...

The Beautiful - "Storybook" - CD: Storybook
This *was* a band formed by Jonathan H. (Hale) Lacey ...

I got these lyrics from his site www.jonathanlacey.com ...

Storybook

She is like the sky, clear and soft as a cloud
And he is like the rain, wild and strong as a storm

They are like the mad, Twisted and confused
Sometimes near insane

All his guilt is right inside and all she fears is right behind

This is not a storybook of once upon a time and happily ever after
They are not resolved well defined or realized
Like a ring

She plays quietly in his mind it's like thunder there
And he sways on her song loosing site of himself
And all that's ever been he prays will not be

They are sure their time will be born of them
All you've ever known

All his thought is rearranged and all her fear is washed away

This is not a storybook of once upon a time and happily ever after
They are not resolved well defined or realized
Like a ring

This is now a storybook of once upon a time and happily ever after
They are now resolved well defined and realized
Like a ring

They live on this mantra
over and over and over and over and .....

I'm probably WAY off in my guess, but at least it's an effort ...

Enjoy!

There you go.

Okayee ... ehem ... :unsure:

Sooo, I most certainly am WAY off in my guess about the song ...
This is based on now having read other posts and threads about it here ...

Sooo, I am retracting my guess! HaHaHa! :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol:

Sooo, good luck finding your song with the lyrics "strong as/like a st..." "fire" and "engine off the tracks"! B)

Good God I go away for a month and when I come back I expect to see some PROGRESS!

Is anyone else disterbed/disgusted/confused by the new Jack Daniels commercial featuring "Jane Says" by Janes Addiction (which i am sure anyone alive in the 90s recognized)...usually when I am suprised about a band allowing their song to be in a commercial it is moderatly justified by the song actually going with the ad..but this one just kinda blows my mind, and really i just dont get it

Absolutely, although I am not surprized considering the nature of their last record and tour. I'm not smelling a whole lot of integrity coming from those cats these days. You'd think they'd at least go with a more noble alignment then Jack Daniels... 'Jane Says...' what?! Get F'd up?

Back