It's Oscar Time!

sketchyrx

Sweet Disposition
Reaction score
Ok so I love awards season. I always watch the show and I even get up early when they announce the nominees. I try to have the evening off from work so I can watch it.
My picks:
Best Actress - Helen Mirren for "The Queen" - that's a given

Best Actor - Forrest Whittaker for "The Last King of Scotland"

Best Director - Martin Scorcese - I really think it's FINALLY his year

Best Picture - Dunno - Letters from Iwo Jima, The Departed, Babel looks good.

Anyone else even remotely interested in giving their two cents? :)

Uugh! celebreties and their speaches usually piss me off so I'd rather not watch.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jan 22 2007, 06:53 AM
Uugh! celebreties and their speaches usually piss me off so I'd rather not watch.
my thoughts exactly.

and mine

Though if Paris Hilton were there and someone would be calling her bad names for hours on public television... I'd watch that...

Originally posted by Scythe@Jan 22 2007, 09:16 AM
and mine

Though if Paris Hilton were there and someone would be calling her bad names for hours on public television... I'd watch that...
Have they had a celebrity roast of Paris Hilton yet; like they did for Pamela Anderson and other celebs?

Originally posted by farbeyond+Jan 22 2007, 12:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (farbeyond @ Jan 22 2007, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scythe@Jan 22 2007, 09:16 AM
and mine

Have they had a celebrity roast of Paris Hilton yet; like they did for Pamela Anderson and other celebs? [/b][/quote]
I'm sure she wouldn't agree to it.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland+Jan 22 2007, 09:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sir_Garland @ Jan 22 2007, 09:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by farbeyond@Jan 22 2007, 12:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Scythe
@Jan 22 2007, 09:16 AM
and mine

Have they had a celebrity roast of Paris Hilton yet; like they did for Pamela Anderson and other celebs?
I'm sure she wouldn't agree to it. [/b][/quote]
Maybe so. But she did agree to get killed in the movie House Of Wax. The part she dies is everyones favorite part of that movie. ;)

I couldn't believe that I actually kind of liked that movie. Of course I'm not a Paris fan by any means but that movie itself was a lot better than I thought it would be. It was predictable but every movie like that is.

Ehh, it was alright. I liked the soundtrack. The part I hated was when the girl was under the drain with her fingers sticking out and the guy clipped her fingers off, yet the good guy could not hear her scream. Anybody could have heard her even if she had a cloth in her mouth. The waxed people and the achilles tendon cutting part were messed up but interesting in a weird kind of way.

When there are movies that I really like that are nominated then I watch to cheer for them, but otherwise I don't watch and just read the results on the net later on. I will wait to see what the nominations are to see if I will watch this year or not.

I will most likely watch the opening though because sometimes the opening is pretty good. (depending of course on who is hosting.)

Speaking of the host, who is hosting this year?

Yes and tomorrow morning at O'Dark-thirty AM they will be announcing the nominess. I just might wake up for that and scribble it all down. :D

The speeches are not usually my favorite part unless it's Jamie Foxx - that was a good one although slightly recycled- or someone trips or stumbles getting up the stage or walking out to the mike.

I just want Meril Streep to win. I think she rocks the fucking entertainment world

Nah, that movie was a big disappointment <_< . Actually, all 3 of em were... (the new ones). Hayden Christenssen was a complete miscast he ruined it really. They could have gotten someone else, like James Franco, they look a bit alike but Franco can act :(

And oh my god the kiddie humor in it "those look like jedi fighters allright"...

*sigh* :(

Back