Iron Jawed Angels

planethunter

Reaction score
HBO has a new tv film starring Hilary Swank called "Iron Jawed Angels". In the trailer, they play a song with a female vocalist who sings, "Come along with... come along with me" etc. Anyone know what this is and which band? Thanks.

they play a different song in the opening credits, i think it is from the mid-90s. does anyone know the name of the song? thanks!

They also play a song at the end of the film...something about being beautiful. Does anyone know the name of that song?

Jenni,

The song you are looking for is the beautiful "Beautiful" by Mandalay. It is from their 2001 album "Solace". :)

I am looking for a complete list of the songs from Iron Jawed Angels.
As of now I know the following songs were used in the movie:

Titiyo - Come Along
Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
Lauryn Hill - Everything Is Everything
Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

I also know German singer Jasmin Tabatabai provides a song or more, but do not have the name of those.

If anyone could help me fill out the rest, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Does anyone know the name of the song that's played right at the end of the parade, when the people start fighting? It's sounds like chanting with a melody, I really thought it was beautiful. Thanks to anyone who can help!

<<they play a different song in the opening credits, i think it is from the mid-90s. does anyone know the name of the song? thanks!>>

Tammy,

The song at the very beginning of the movie is Vertical Horizon's *Everything you want*

They mix it a little bit, so it may sound different from what was played on the radio.

Syb

"I took up meditation. I like to have an espresso first just to make it more challenging." -Betsy Salkind

<<Does anyone know the name of the song that's played right at the end of the parade, when the people start fighting? It's sounds like chanting with a melody, I really thought it was beautiful. Thanks to anyone who can help! >>

Iron Jawed Parade by....? Can't read the name on the credits, sorry!

*note to self to get eyes checked..or buy larger telly*

Syb

"I took up meditation. I like to have an espresso first just to make it more challenging." -Betsy Salkind

Sybelle, thanks for the help. :)

Too bad I can't find a copy of the song ANYWHERE. :(

I did find this on HBO's website, it's a program that you can download to get videos, pictures and most important, songs from the soundtrack on your computer. I'm assuming it lets you listen to them as streaming audio, as the download is only just over a meg.

I hope this helps anyone who's looking for any music from Iron-Jawed Angels!

http://www.hbo.com/films/ironjawedangels/c...nity/index.html

Hi everyone,

I have a questions. Dose any one know what the name of the song is in the scene that shows alice paul drinking tea and ben weissman tucking his little boy in. I think it is Sade but i am not sure i have a list of the songs i have found so for

Cafe Del Mar - Mandalay - Beautiful
Lauren Hill - Everything is Everything
Sarah Mclachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
StGermaine - Rose Rouge
Titiyo - Come Along

I hope this helps someone.

Hi. I have some of the songs from Iron Jawed Angels, 8 to be exact. But I was wondering if anyone knew where to download the entire "soundtrack" or specifically the Jasmin Tabatabai/Tico Zamora songs called Dress for Party, Picket in Bad Weather, and Will the Circle Be Unbroken. Thanks :confused:

The Jasmin Tabatabai songs are nowhere to be found right now, according to this:
German actress and musician Jasmin Tabatabai and her husband, the US musician Tico Zamora, have written and composed several songs for "Iron Jawed Angels" and, over and above that, performed a cover version of "Will the Circle be unbroken" (written by A. P. Carter) which is played during the credits.

The song "Picket in Bad Weather" by Jasmin Tabatabai can not only be heard in the movie during several scenes when the suffragettes are picketing in bad weather, but also in one of the trailers of "Iron Jawed Angels".

However, these songs by Jasmin Tabatabai and Tico Zamora were never released before. Jasmin Tabatabai's new album with the songs from "Iron Jawed Angels" will come out in summer 2005.

Back