Instrumentals

cucuzza

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys knew any similar artists to Rob Dougan, Robert Miles, or Paul Oakenfold (Rob Dougan especially). See, I like his instrumentals and beats and I was looking to expand on my collection. It's really hard to find all his mixes and shit. Something that may satisfy my craving would be to find out similar artists. What would be his genre? Know any good instrumentals with snare drums or something or good beats? I like Paul Oakenfold because he has that progressive sort of techno beat going on. Anyone can recommend me a list similar to these guys? Thanks!

Anyone have their own to contribute? I would love to hear any!

"Yeah, ma mans got bear!"

BOLD> Dougan
ITALICS> Oakie
UNDERLINED> Miles
NORMAL> Good stuff in general...

For further listening...

1. The Dust Brothers - Fight Club [OST]
2. DJ Krush... in general...
3. Hive... in general (But be warned, the seocnd album "Devious Methods" is quite heavy, and rather fast... excellent tunes though)
4. Proppellerheads... in general...
5. Junkie XL - Radio JXL
some 6. Layo & Bushwacka!
some 7. Tomoyasu Hotei
8. Fluke - Risotto
9. Fluke - Puppy
10. Faithless - Reverence/Irreverence [2CD]
That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Hope it helps...

L8rz

O. D.

PS. If ya want anymore... just PM me...

Oh, and

11. Enigma... in general...

...add to that:

The Art Of Noise - The Seduction Of Claude Debussey

It's an album.
As you may be able to tell from the title, it's got a nice few strings sections, and is all about the man, Debussey, himself...

I'm listening to it - for the first time - now (Just recently got it)...

It's quite good.

AK

the ovious is anything by MOBY. also, BT has several things, i'm really into his MONSTER soundtrack right now. also, there is a band called THE FREE ASSOCIATION, they did the score for CODE 46. their style is a techno blend that is a treat to listen to.

new order can bust out some sw33t techno beats, but thats all i can think of now. hives are pretty good too.

Back