I'm extremely disappointed!

Churches do teach the THEORY but they obviously teach that they don't believe in it but I don't see why the schools can't teach all THEORIES. They can teach the theory without teaching the religion. :)

Originally posted by a_iver+Nov 8 2005, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Nov 8 2005, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Nov 8 2005, 11:30 PM
I also think that if schools have to teach Creationism, churches should be forced to teach Evolution.
I agree, but I think even better yet, I think they shouldn't have to teach anything. [/b][/quote]
Well that's the whole point. There's a lot of religious types who stand behind the separation of church and state, until it doesn't suit their purposes.. then they wanna force schools to teach what the church and parents should be teaching. It's the parents' responsibility, period. Forcing a school to change their curriculum to accomodate only a percentage of the students is just plain idiotic. Teaching kids how their reproductive organs work and how to prevent disease is far more important.

all I know is that you can't be a good follower without having a good teacher

Forcing a school to change their curriculum to accomodate only a percentage of the students is just plain idiotic.

That's kinda what happened to begin with though. We DID originally teach religious principles in schools until a percentage of the people had a problem with it. :whistle:

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Nov 8 2005, 11:41 PM
Forcing a school to change their curriculum to accomodate only a percentage of the students is just plain idiotic.

That's kinda what happened to begin with though. We DID originally teach religious principles in schools until a percentage of the people had a problem with it. :whistle:
No I know, and I agree with what you said up there ^ about teaching the THEORIES and not the religion. I myself believe in a god and that there is a relationship between creationism and evolution.. the easiest way to describe it is "One day to God maybe be billions of years to us."

If they would just do that there would be no real problem. But it's going to turn into a religion thing and it's going to get ugly, so maybe they should just keep having the religious kids leave the room when they do sex ed and Darwin and let everyone get their dose of God from the professionals. *shrug*

Originally posted by cultclassic+Nov 8 2005, 10:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Nov 8 2005, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Enyone@Nov 8 2005, 11:43 PM
*whispers* crusades
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
We totally talked about that in philosophy today

Originally posted by dascoot@Nov 8 2005, 11:46 PM
I myself believe in a god and that there is a relationship between creationism and evolution..
It is intersting that Hinduism explains creations through a form of evolution. In Hindu mythology, the God of creation takes various forms, in sequence: Starting with a Sea organism, fish, various combinations of man+beast, then man, and then a creature known as kalki (which we have not reached yet)

I personally believe that there probably is a God, but the Concept of God is, by definition, beyond the scope of the human intellect, and all religions, including the one which I was born in, are but desperate attempts, to define the undefinable. I look at religions with some curiosity, but it has never been a part of my life. I think introducing faith-based theories in a science classroom is an attempt at validation, which assumes that, some how Science provides the final validity; Which it does not. In my opinion, introducing Creationism or Intelligent Design in a science curriculum is like introducing Organic Chemistry in Sunday School.

I myself believe in a god and that there is a relationship between creationism and evolution.. the easiest way to describe it is "One day to God maybe be billions of years to us."

That's how I think. :)

Ravi I am so facinated with your religion. I love it it's like Greek Mythology to me and it's just so intriguing. I totally agree with you. Religions are like a diamon. One body, many faces

Originally posted by cultclassic@Nov 9 2005, 12:13 AM
I personally believe that there probably is a God, but the Concept of God is, by definition, beyond the scope of the human intellect, and all religions, including the one which I was born in, are but desperate attempts, to define the undefinable.
This is exactly how I see it. It's also the reason I shy away from organized religion, since every church I've been to teaches in absolutes. I might go back if I found someone who said "We have no friggin idea what the rules are, or where we came from, or what's gonna happen, but you're welcome to come hang with us on Sundays and we'll discuss possibilities."

I say fuck it all man, do what you want. If Kansas puts religion back in schools who cares, be strong in your own believes. They can teach islam, christian, shintoism or whatever who cares? This is America, religious freedom.

Plus they should abolish schools anyways, they are fucking breeding grounds thats all. Seriously, did anyone learn anything useful in High School? No. Elementary and College schooling is defintely important but everything inbetween is a total waste of tax payers money.

Goddamn it. :ph34r:

A general education past the 6th grade is useless. Something like that. So says Steve Plog.. smart fella, very interesting, taught me to appreciate having ADD. :)

Thats what I'm talking about. High School teachs you how to pick up vices that could potentially ruin your life thats all. Its fucking great!!!!

Son of a Bitch!!!!! :ph34r:

(can you tell I hate middle and high school yet?)

Back