Hyundai Tuscon

J

JohnnyMac

There are actually TWO Hyundai Tucson commercials out now (very similar). I saw both during this week's episode of "Lost" on ABC. One of them does indeed feature the Fatboy Slim track "The World is Made Up of This & That" and features skiiers at the beginning.

The other one has a great breakbeat techno/rap tune that I'm dying to indentify. I'll try to isolate some lyrics, but so far all I can hear is something like "put your hand..."

Can anybody help?

I've split this off from the other thread on the other ad for the Hyundai Tuscon.

So, just to see if I'm straight on the two... This newer version of the ad starts out driving down a road (with the cargo on top changing) and then takes place in a parking lot, right?

Exactly, thanks Michelle. I didn't have access my tape of the show and couldn't remember how the second one started. This second one just premiered in the last week.

I saw the one I described above about 10 minutes into the show LOST. I think it's the same as you're looking for, because the music is kind of hard to understand the lyrics.

A little more info... this is the "Live More. Yawn Less." ad rather than the "Ultimate Backpack" ad. The lyrics start with "Here we go. Move it here, move it there..." and end with a male rap voice that I can't make out. At this point they're showing a girl sitting outside the rear liftgate playing a video game that sits in the back of the Tucson. The ad is 30 secs long.

Okay, to confuse matters... I saw the "ultimate backpack" version tonight for the first time, and that music sounded really similar to the music in the "Live More. Yawn Less." ad... :confused: Are you certain they are two different songs?

I'm sure. I have the Fatboy Slim track from the "Ultimate Backpack" ad. They are both breakbeat type tunes, but definitely different. What makes it more confusing is that they are showing both ads during the same show. Like last night's "Rescue Me" on F/X.

Here's a crappy WAV I made of the "Live More Yawn Less" track that I'm trying to identify:

http://www.geocities.com/wvciprof1/hyundai.wav

Hope this helps.

I just saw a new one here of the Ultimate Backpack commercials for the Hyundai Tuscon here where there's a family out camping and they use stop time techniques to show the row of camping tents outside the vehicle moving around it clockwise.

The song lyrics are "A little bit of this and a little bit of that" repeated 3 or 4 times and it definitely sounds like Fatboy Slim. I'm watching ESPN and it's been on a couple times just in the past 2 hours.

Again, the "Ultimate Backpack" ad series DOES use the Fatboy Slim song mentioned in the other thread with the lyrics "A little bit of this, a little bit of that."

There is a second Tucson ad titled "Live More, Yawn Less" that features a different song and that's the one I'm looking for (you can listen to the WAV file I've posted above).

None so far. It's tough when you can't make out more of the lyrics. I've even tried Amazing Slow Downer to figure out what the rap at the end is, but I still can't get it.

Originally posted by JohnnyMac@Oct 11 2004, 08:23 AM
I'm sure. I have the Fatboy Slim track from the "Ultimate Backpack" ad. They are both breakbeat type tunes, but definitely different. What makes it more confusing is that they are showing both ads during the same show. Like last night's "Rescue Me" on F/X.

Here's a crappy WAV I made of the "Live More Yawn Less" track that I'm trying to identify:

http://www.geocities.com/wvciprof1/hyundai.wav

Hope this helps.
man this has to help somebody. I tried to find it, but nothing.

not the song by fatboy slim - The world is made up of this and that

it was the other one that had the car on teh ski course. Does anyone know it. I tried to make an e-mail to hyundai, but I can't.

I thought the version of the ad with the skiers was the Fat Boy Slim song.

Hello, the second Hyundai track was composed by me, specifically for Hyundai.
It's called "City Life" and is not currently commercially available. As Hyundai now owns the rights, they'd be the ones to speak to regarding commercial release.

As for the unintelligible lyrics at the end, I'm not even sure what he's saying. I let the singer just adlib for a while, and chopped up some of the best bits with some studio wizardry.

Thanks for wondering about the music.
Eric Kaye
http://www.thelodge.com

Originally posted by erickaye@Oct 27 2004, 07:25 AM
Hello, the second Hyundai track was composed by me, specifically for Hyundai.
It's called "City Life" and is not currently commercially available. As Hyundai now owns the rights, they'd be the ones to speak to regarding commercial release.

As for the unintelligible lyrics at the end, I'm not even sure what he's saying. I let the singer just adlib for a while, and chopped up some of the best bits with some studio wizardry.

Thanks for wondering about the music.
Eric Kaye
hey do you think you can make a full song out of it for us? Since we all like it so much? please :D

I'd love to, but unfortunately at this stage, we need Hyundai's permission to do so. They own the copyright. I'd suggest writing a letter to Hyundai asking for a full version. If they get enough requests, they'll probably have me do the full length version. It's happened before...

EK

Back