hp toys r us ad

greengrass

Reaction score
hp has launched an entire ad campaign called "everything is possible", all of these ads are viewable here. the one i am particularly interested in is their toys r us ad. you can view that one here. the song i'm looking for is from this commercial in particular. i did a quick search on the hp website where i found the ad, but nothing turned up. i know that for many of their other commercials, they use actual songs (not ones simply composed for the commercial itself.) i'm hoping that's the case for this one.

anyway, if any of you have any info, it would be most appreciated.

Did the ad load for you? I couldn't get it to work at all, so I'm not sure about the music...

Anyone else able see the ad?

I couldn't view it through that direct link, something about it being a corrupt file.. so I went to the first link and paged down to the Toys R Us ad.. clicked it, got the same corrupt notice.. and clicked it a second time. That second time it played for me. Have no clue why.. But sorry, don't know the tune.

Yeah, I went to the site and got nothing... after multiple clicks. Something's mucked up on their site...

Heh.. I thought it was just me. My WMP has been shittin the bed on me recently..

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 1 2004, 01:38 PM
... and clicked it a second time. That second time it played for me. Have no clue why.. But sorry, don't know the tune.
Wow, that story had a fairly anticlimactic ending for the effort involved.

If anyone can tell me some of the dialogue, first few words I could probably find it around here, not gonna bother with the broken site, but I'll give it a shot if I can track it down.

Originally posted by Schuyler@Mar 3 2004, 12:40 AM
Wow, that story had a fairly anticlimactic ending for the effort involved.
Yeah, for a professional writer I suck at story-telling, huh?

Yeah? I'm presently working on my first novel. Though I've set it aside for theatre stuff until mid march, but looking to self publish around august. What do you write?

Well, I am new to this group, I found it while doing a search for the Toys R Us + HP ad. I did some calling around and I have some answers. I first talked directly to customer service who then sent me to corporate, then I got another number for the marketing dept. I left a message and a lady got back to me. She said she was the one who made the ad. I couldn't beleive it! Anyways, she said they hired a group of musicians and took a cut out of the recorded session. So, I'm afraid we won't be able to pick this one up anytime soon. It's a real shame! I told her good work on the commerical and pass some kind words onto to the musicians. Who knows, maybe someday they will come out with a disc, whoever they are....

Best,
Samsa
www.darkwinter.com

Back