Have you ever..

Prince Of Stories

Reaction score
Have you ever just randomly picked a CD for any given reason (like say you liked the cover) and it turned out to be a great find?! :eek:
I used to do this all the time back in the 80s and it's how I found The Smiths of all bands... Just curious if anyone has ever done this and what did you find?

P

Back in the early and mid-90's I'd buy whole albums after hearing only one song.

Some of the good ones:
I heard Bjork's "Army Of Me" on the Tank Girl Soundtrack, and then I decided to buy her album Post on a whim. Today I have all her albums because I couldn't get enough. She's one of a kind!

Dave Grohl was "one of the other guys" in Nirvana. He was a good drummer, but that's about all anybody knew of him. I decided to buy the first Foo Fighters CD based on the fact that he had been a part of Nirvana. In my opinion, Foo Fighters turned out to be one of the greatest bands of the late 90's-early 00's.

Some of the bad ones:
Krist Novoselic's (the other former member of Nirvana) bands are another story. Anyone ever hear of Sweet 75, or Eyes Adrift? I didn't think so...

"Hooch" by Everything..."Who got the hooch, baby?" That song was good for awhile, but the rest of the album was terrible! :sick:

Back