Goodbye Girl Commercial

dj_trancient

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

There is a commercial for Paul Simons "The Goodbye Girl" on TNT I believe. There is this song playing and the guy who's singing it is featured in some of the shots. I fleetingly glanced at the screen and saw the guy singing, he kinda looked like Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish :), although it didn't sound like his music.

THanks everyone

It is Hootie and the Blowfish, and the name of the song, odd enough, is goodbye girl. I saw the music video the other day at the movies on that 20wenty thing they show while you are waiting.

Yes indeed - it looks like Hootie may be getting ready for a new album. I thought they had broken up.

I saw the video at the movie theater waiting for LOTR - RoTK and it's Hootie :)

:D Actually, Hootie released their new self-titled CD, Hootie & the Blowfish, on March 4th, 2003. The first single from HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH is entitled 'Innocence.' Goodbye Girl is available in a separate 4-song attachment at FYE stores only :)

Now Now clazio,

You can get the attachment at other stores as well :) Like Strawberries and Sam goody, not just FYE :) Don't forget to spread the Hootie love for Hootie and the Blowfish are still together and making great music. Can't wait for the Best of CD this year maybe even a double live. :D B) :)

There is a commercial for Paul Simons "The Goodbye Girl" on TNT I believe. There is this song playing and the guy who's singing it is featured in some of the shots. I fleetingly glanced at the screen and saw the guy singing, he kinda looked like Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish , although it didn't sound like his music.

Just to set something straight. There is NO Hootie. His name is Darius and that's that :) As for his (which would be Back to Then, Darius's Solo CD) music, Goodbye Girl was writen by Nanci Griffith (another great artest) for the movie. The band writes their own music and have from the beginning. Even though you can hear a differance from CD to CD (All 5 of them, last one out just last year) Please don't take this info the wrong way. I just wanted to set it straight haha and they never broke up. Check out www.hootie.com some of the best fans can be foound there.

Originally posted by HBFFan@Jan 6 2004, 11:39 AM

Just to set something straight. There is NO Hootie. His name is Darius and that's that :) As for his (which would be Back to Then, Darius's Solo CD) music, Goodbye Girl was writen by Nanci Griffith (another great artest) for the movie. The band writes their own music and have from the beginning. Even though you can hear a differance from CD to CD (All 5 of them, last one out just last year) Please don't take this info the wrong way. I just wanted to set it straight haha and they never broke up. Check out www.hootie.com some of the best fans can be foound there.
hehe...I was going to say something about that, but figured I'd leave it alone. :p

Originally posted by HBFFan@Jan 6 2004, 11:26 AM
Now Now clazio,

You can get the attachment at other stores as well :) Like Strawberries and Sam goody, not just FYE :) Don't forget to spread the Hootie love for Hootie and the Blowfish are still together and making great music. Can't wait for the Best of CD this year maybe even a double live. :D B) :)
Oh...well I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know! Initially was it ONLY available at FYE?

Yes at first it was only at FYE :) but now you can find it at alot of stores. I found it on a used CRV CD for $4 :)

That's funny because I've been eveywhere looking for the Attachment CD and none of the music stores including FYE seems to know what I am talking about. I sure would like to know how and where it can be purchased..... I am from the Columbus, Ohio area, any help would be greatly appreciated.THANK YOU!

Straight from Hootie & the Blowfish website:
THE ATTACHMENT IN STORES NOW
4 SONG SAMPLER FREE WITH PURCHASE

The band has released a four song sampler cd, THE ATTACHMENT, that is free with any hootie cd purchase.
Songs included on THE ATTACHMENT are:
1. EBB AND FLOW
2. FORDECONOLINE
3. GOODBYE GIRL
4. INNER COASTAL LIQUOR STORE
THE ATTACHMENT is only available for a limited time, free with purchase of any HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH album. Available in FYE stores.

So, who knows why an FYE store doesn't know about it. Not sure if it's even available at other places (someone mentioned it was).

Back