Discovery Channel "I Love the World"

rzror

Reaction score
I was wondering what melody they based this song on?
it seems so familiar, but I can not recall from what.

thanks!

according to this:

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...16104818AAYM7UP

The song was made especially for the discovery channel commercial. I found this for you.....

In outer space, two astronauts look at the earth. "It never gets old, huh." "Nope." "It kinda makes you wanna..." "Break into song?" "Yep."

As they start to sing, people from all over sing different lines, the different people representing Discovery Channel shows.

Lyrics to the jingle:
I love the mountains
I love the clear blue skies
I love big bridges
I love when great whites fly
I love the whole world
And all its sights and sounds
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda
I love the oceans
I love real dirty things [Mike Rowe]
I love to go fast
I love Egyptian kings
I love the whole world
And all its craziness
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda [Richard Machowicz]
I love tornadoes
I love arachnids [Bear Grylls]
I love hot magma
I love the giant squids
I love the whole world
It's such a brilliant place
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda [Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage]
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda [Stephen Hawking]

;)

does anyone know the melody though? it sounds similar to a piano tune,

I remember hearing it being played with two people in tandem, although it can probably be played by one person, it seems to be a popular piano piece to play with another on the same piano.

The tune is a camp song - "I Love the Mountains."

I love the mountains
I love the rolling hills,
I love the fountains,
I love the daffodils,
I love the fireside,
When all the lights are low.
Boom-dee-a-da, Boom-dee-a-da,
Boom-dee-a-da, Boom-dee-a-da.

This verse is repeated with the chorus, or occasionally impromptu improvised verses are sung.

Made popular by the Girl Scouts, YMCA camps, and about 9 million cutesy kids' artists on iTunes.

Heard a commercial for Discovery channel and there was a song playing in the background. Male voice fairly fast tempo -

Starts out with

nah
nah nah nah
nah nah nah
nah nah nah

Then there are some words I can not make out.

how do you edit?

Anyway, found the "real" name of the song. It's called "I Love the Mountains". It's a Boy Scouts' song.

Might you be thinking of 'heart and soul' the song Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia play on the floor piano on "Big"?

Hey, and sorry for not being able to give many details. I've been searching for about three hours, and I cannot find this song anywhere.

Basically there's a shot from space I think, all I can remember is the camera panning out and showing various space scenery with some type of pink floyd type music playing. At first the music is in kind of a major chord, and its all either guitar or synthesizer, but then I think there's a shot, of earth maybe? And it progresses to a minor chord variation where I think drums come in, or it gets louder or something. There's no words, just music so its making it really hard to find :(

Anyways, if you could help me out at all I'd appreciate it, even knowing exactly what its for/what channel its on would be tremendously helpful.

I've been looking for this tune all today also! It's really bugging me and I'd like to have it. It's a catchy tune.

The commercial (for National Geographic channel) that I saw started out with a shot of two astronauts in space, then each different scene showed different people around the world humming the same tune.

I don't even know who puts this on. It is a group of people standing around and making chanting like noises but to a beat HELP!

Cookie

The song is played for the discovery Channel somthing like umdiada undiada

im afraid i already know the answer to this question but theres this new commercial for the discovery channel which starts off with 2 astronauts singing and then it goes to a bunch of other people singin abuot what they love. and then the chorus goes something like boom de a da boom de a da. im wondering if this is a real song or even if it was loosely based on a song. i love the feel of this song and would love to have an answer.

Back