DirecTV The 101 Network

NEW (since 4/09) Direct TV Channel 101 Commercial

I am looking for the name of the song/artist in the newest Direct TV Channel 101 Commercial.

It is NOT Marlene Shaw "California Soul" or 5th Dimension......those were the previous commercials.

The one I'm referring to starts with a lot of bass rifts and the lyrics start with "oh, how you turn me on..." and end with "....come on and make my day"

HELP!!!

Re: NEW (since 4/09) Direct TV Channel 101 Commercial

Just saw the commercial again, the lyrics are:

You know how to turn me on
oh you got it goin on
Baby you make my day
Come on, get down with me
We can dance the night away
Will you make my day

Tried all the lyric search engines, can't find anything....HELP!!! :)

Yes! Thank you both very much, now I can finally get the song outta my head!

:D

Re: DirecTV The 101 Network promo song

Hey does anyone know the name and artist of the song that is on the new 101 Network promos? I heard it last night (May 31) right before a Montgomery Gentry show ,. ..it's supercool . ..male vocal with slide guitar and hiphop beats!! The commercial was for The Wire and Oz or something ..

Re: DirecTV The 101 Network promo song

Hey does anyone know the name and artist of the song that is on the new 101 Network promos? I heard it last night (May 31) right before a Montgomery Gentry show ,. ..it's supercool . ..male vocal with slide guitar and hiphop beats!! The commercial was for The Wire and Oz or something ..

I know the commercial, but haven't seen it lately so I can't remember which song goes with which recent commercial. At any rate, it's one of these:

I'm a man by Black Strobe

or

How you like me now by The Heavy

I have been trying to find out the artist/song from one of the Direct TV 101 Network promos for months and months now and it is driving me crazy. I have done all kinds of searching and can't find it anywhere. Maybe someone here can help shed some light on the band that does this song. Good luck, I have posted on other forums about it and tried searching the lyrics using various search engines and no luck. I don't think I have ever not been able find something on the internet I was looking for until this song.

This is the Youtube video with the song

The lyrics go something like:

It's gettin' dark, it's time to roll
You better run boy it's takin' your soul

Oh, no! You're losin' control
Oh, no! The bells gonna toll
Oh, no! You're losin' control
Oh, no! It's takin's your soul
Oh, no! The bells gonna toll

Oh, yeah! Let's rock 'n roll!

Apparently the artist for this song either

A) does not exist

or

B) doesn't like exposure for their music because with the entire internet at my disposal and the artist is still a mystery. This is one of the true mysteries of the internet hehe.

Back