Dell XPS

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ad/song, but ...

13th Floor Elevators - "You're Gonna Miss Me"

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

This song escapes me. Grew up on this music. Am sure it must be from the 60's...
probably also why I can't remember who played it. I am thinking maybe The Yardbirds. I don't remember if it had lyrics but in the commercial you only hear some surfing era guitar music and a few - "oou's" and "ah's" almost like a shouting sound. Anyone know who's music it is? New here. Nice website. Guess you can find about anything on the internet! Thanx in advance for any help.

"You're gonna miss me babe" by The Thirteenth floor elevators

classic 60s garage rock. Their label went out of business a long time ago, but the song can be found on the box set- Nuggets: original artifacts from the first psychedelic era.

I do know that the music from the Dell XPS laptop commercial is part of a Psycadelic band song from the late 60's that I remember from high shcool but can't think which band or and lines from the song.

The song on the new XPS is indeed a 60's song from the band 13th Floor Elevators titled You're Gonna Miss Me. Not sure if this is the same XPS commercial you speak of but the one I just saw on TV was the 13th Floor Elevators.

THE DELL XPS LAPTOP COMMERCIAL SONG IS...YOU'RE SURE GONNA MISS ME BY THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS- #56 ON THE CHARTS IN 1966 ( A PSYCHEDELIC BAND) :

Thought I'd offer one no one knew, but ya'll beat me to it.
It was in fact the 13th Floor Elevators ...the vocals are Roky Erikson and the bubbling sound is Powell St. John on the electric jug. I believe they were out of Houston or Austin, definitely Texas. Fantastic Psychedelica for the day.
Roky and Powell still perform, I heard them advertised for South by Southwest.

The tune in the ad is off the first album, which is consistently UP, their second album 'EASTER EVERYWERE' is not so frantic but incredibly brilliant. They also have a third 'live' album with mixed in applause....the first two are worth having if you can find them.

Bob

yes..i'm sure everyone knows that now..but there are 2 version of this commercial well simliar commercials..

and the song is along the same beats cept it more technoish..i've heard it in a game before..the game was called space colony..it like the song "you gonna miss be baby" but it's an elctronica remix..anyone help me out? i doubt it though

I saw, and heard, a Dell comercial last night... I think it was for the XPS but I'm not sure. Anyway, the song in the background sounded familiar, from the 60's I think. Does anyone know what the title/group is?

"You're Gonna Miss Me" - 13th Floor Elevators

Please try using search in the future.

Back