"Clair De Lune" remix in 1990s-2000s advert

bigshum

Reaction score
Ok this is going to be quite a long shot but here goes.

I am looking for the name of a musician, I am 99% certain he was Spanish. The musician produced electronic/ambient pieces.

One of his works was used in a television advert, aired in the United Kingdom, in the late 90s/early 00s.
The piece of music used was an ambient remix of Erik Satie's Gymnopédies, 3. Lent et grave. The advert itself was I believe for an automotive or other type of technology company. It might have been an airline or tires (vague I know sorry but I'm trying hard to place the object).

From what I remember the advert was very minimalist, with an ethereal heaven-like white background and a central object being filmed.

I believe the artist was signed to a Barcelona based music label, which is since defunct.
The artist had a website, where one could download most of his work for free.
I think the artist did many more remixes of classical ambient pieces.

I am destroying the insides of my brain with thought processes and the tips of my fingers Googling trying to work this one out.

Thanks in advance!

bigshum

Reaction score
Reworking of Debussy's 'Claire De Lune' in late 90s / early 00s advert

This is a MASSIVE correction to the post I previously made! Ont he train home I had a bit of a brainsurge and realised I was remembering the wrong piece of music!

I am pretty sure now that the piece being reworked was Claire De Lune by Debussy, not Saite as I had previously thought. The rest of the details I remember still stand though!

From previous post;

Ok this is going to be quite a long shot but here goes.

I am looking for the name of a musician, I am 99% certain he was Spanish. The musician produced electronic/ambient pieces.

One of his works was used in a television advert, aired in the United Kingdom, in the late 90s/early 00s.

The piece of music used was an ambient remix of Claude Debussy's 'Claire De Lune'. The advert itself was I believe for an automotive or other type of technology company. It might have been an airline or tires (vague I know sorry but I'm trying hard to place the object).

From what I remember the advert was very minimalist, with an ethereal heaven-like white background and a central object being filmed.

I believe the artist was signed to a Barcelona based music label, which is since defunct.
The artist had a website, where one could download most of his work for free.
I think the artist did many more remixes of classical ambient pieces.

I am destroying the insides of my brain with thought processes and the tips of my fingers Googling trying to work this one out.

Thanks in advance!

Compudoc

Reaction score
Re: Reworking of Debussy's 'Claire De Lune' in late 90s / early 00s advert

It has been used in commercials for Chanel, British Airways, Hyundai and other products. Hope one of those narrows it down.

BorisJ

Reaction score
Re: Reworking of Debussy's 'Claire De Lune' in late 90s / early 00s advert

I've also been searching for this tune, the fact this is almost 4 years old just made me the more determined.

My memory also told me this was a Claire De Lune rework, which lead me to your post. So hopefully, if anyone else finds this thread at least they might get their answer.

I was 1 step ahead of you in that I could remember it was used in a slide-phone advert arount 2004 (at my best guess) and roughly what that phone looked like. Google really is amazing. After using the search terms "2004 slide phones" 1 model in particular jumped out at me. Behold,

the Siemens SL55! I've also gone and found the song Meditacìon #2 - Sebastian Escofet http://youtu.be/YuXx9mzgTKU

'Claire De Lune' isn't tagged in the advert so this one was pretty tricky.