Citi asian man with scissors

YouTube removed the video ad; has everyone given up on this one? The thread started around December of 2003 and it looks like it was made specifically for the ad - can we contact the composer?

If the composer could be found then this would be solved. Such a a shame that a beautiful melody like this may fade.

UPDATE

The title of the commercial is paper cutter it was directed by Errol Morris.

http://www.errolmorris.com/index.html

You can view the commercial here in Quicktime format but it doesn't have the piano music in it.

http://www.errolmorris.com/commercials/cit...apercutter.html

I emailed the representatives and record label of Philip Glass whose information I found on Errol Morris' website, to ask them if Philip Glass composed the music for this commercial. I am assuming that they work together and that Philip Glass may have composed the music for this commercial. I have not recieved a reply from his rep's but the record label did reply.

They did not give me a direct answer though. :angry: <_<

Here is the reply from the record label:

Dear Dan,

Unfortunately there is no commercial recording available of Errol Morris' Cutting Paper. As a general rule, if Philip Glass composed it, we are interested in eventually releasing it, though I can tell you that this piece has never been discussed. Please stay tuned and subscribe to our newsletter if you haven't already at philipglass.com or orangemountainmusic.com

Thanks and best wishes,
Richard Guerin
ORANGE MOUNTAIN MUSIC
info(at)orangemountainmusic.com

I really like the piano music in that commercial. I had it recorded on my DVR once but somehow it got erased.

I am hoping that the composition will be released on CD.

Maybe one of you could email Errol Morris about it.

ok guys, I uploaded the commercial to youtube again, so enjoy it while it's still there ;)

Thanks you sir for that. I found it and I've downloaded off youtube. you rock sir and i hope if we all keep pressing them they will release an album.

Back