Chinese inspired music

movie_watcher

Reaction score
Anyone know of some good songs that have a chinese feel to them but aren't necessarily traditional chinese...maybe some hiphop, pop, rock, techno, classical, anything, that has an underlying Chinese feel to it?

well idk if its actually 'THAT' chinese-inspired/sounding...but how bout downloading the song "Vampires" by Atmosphere...its sorta wut ur looking for! i'd say the genre is like indie hiphop. hope i could help ya! ;)

oh yeah...there's this song by Linkin Park that's sorta 'up ur ALLEY'! hehe...neways its called "Nobody's Listening"...idk...its kinda got that vibe goin!

I would definately check out movie soundtracks, you'd be amazed by what you find...

I know 'Memoirs of a Geisha' is Japanese, but there might be some of that "style" in the soundtrack somewhere...

well....this one isnt too 'Chinese'...its more 'Indian'...but i'll tell ya neways ;) it's called "Indian Flute" by Timbaland & Magoo.

thanks so much everyone!

anymore suggestions?

...I'm putting together a fashion show and the theme is chinese, so I need some cool music!

Originally posted by movie_watcher@Aug 2 2007, 07:23 PM
thanks so much everyone!

anymore suggestions?

...I'm putting together a fashion show and the theme is chinese, so I need some cool music!
thats awesome! ;) i'll try and find s'more!

"Touch of my hand" - Britney Spears
"Dip it low" - Christina Milian (it sounds kinda chinese-ish in the beginning)

well its not THAT much 'Chinese' ...and idk if ur in2 pop-hiphop...neways there's this song by 3LW feat. Lil' Kim called "I Need That (I Want That)" ...idk, it has a Chinese-ish sounding beginning & sounds pretty good thru-out the rest of the song!

Kill Bill soundtrack???

Also, I just remembered Jay Chou - "Huo Yuan Chia (or Fearless)" <-- it's sung in Mandarin(?) I think, if that's OK. But it truly sounds Chinese, w/ traditional gongs & drum sounds, not just cuz the singer is Asian.

chinese bamboo flute music
and
blackmore's night "benzai ten"
:unsure: hope you like :D

Back