Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

Nope, it doesn't sound like it. Do you think it sounds like one of them?

Originally posted by KannD86@Jul 7 2006, 04:18 PM
Nope, it doesn't sound like it. Do you think it sounds like one of them?
Everytime I think of a plastic toy talking I think of Toy Story and then I think of John Ratzenberger and 'Cheers'... :lol:

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 8 2006, 01:25 AM
Mario Cantone - Sunsilk Haircare products.... :D
Thank you! ... I had been trying to place that voice! ... For a short while, I thought it was that comedian guy named Ant ...

Anyhoo! ... Mario Cantone ...

I LOVE all of those deliciously catty remarks he makes about everybody's hair ...

"Face it, honey, your hair's flatter than a training bra!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny!

Originally posted by DJEiffelT+Jul 8 2006, 08:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DJEiffelT @ Jul 8 2006, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sketchyrx@Jul 8 2006, 01:25 AM
Mario Cantone - Sunsilk Haircare products.... :D
Thank you! ... I had been trying to place that voice! ... For a short while, I thought it was that comedian guy named Ant ...

Anyhoo! ... Mario Cantone ...

I LOVE all of those deliciously catty remarks he makes about everybody's hair ...

"Face it, honey, your hair's flatter than a training bra!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny! [/b][/quote]
Let's see I first saw him on a Comedy Central special and then he was in Sex and the City and now he does some of the Comedy Central Roasts....I think he's hilarious... :)

I think I heard Jonathan Adams on a Buick Lacrosse commercial. He was on American Dreams and now he's on Bones. It sounded just like him, but I don't know for sure.

I have to respectfully disagree with whoever said they think Gene Wilder voices the Vault energy drink commercials. I think it sounds vaguely like him, but a deeper voice. Of course, that's just my opinion at the moment (I did't find anything online to confirm or dispute it).

Speaking of Fred Stoller - I always prick my ears up when I hear him. Years ago (maybe 15+), he had a bit that went, "I'm a thrill seekah. Yeah, I live on the edge...man. I drink milk the day after it expiahs." I still use that (yeah, I'm a loser).

Lance Armstrong is all over the Discovery channels' promos, and did voice spots for Subaru a couple of years ago.

Jason Alexander has voiced loads of commercials over the years, including several KFC spots.

What about non-US commercials? While visiting Japan and Germany a few years ago, I was surprised at how many American A-listers were shilling products overseas. Kiefer Sutherland was one I heard (and saw) in a lot of commercials. (I know, it's a thread for voice overs, but it's hard to separate them in the old memory.) Jeez, the guy does a lot of commercials.

What about the commercial where it says, "What is the color of passion?, The Color of Defiance?" I think its Matthew Broderick

Only because of the music in the spot, I discovered that Richard Thomas (John Boy Walton) is doing Mercedes Benze ads.

Not really a celebrity (unless you've had kids in the house, mainly in the '90s), but the guy that voiced Wishbone from the Wishbone series on PBS (the Jack Russel Terrier who 'told' classic stories that paralleled the events in the lives of his human family and friends) voices the Jet Dry commercials with the animated dishwasher drying agent receptical, and has for years.

How's that for a run-on sentence? :)

Ahh! Wishbone rules! I should have recognized his voice. I used to watch that every day after school... I'll be keeping my ears open now. I miss that show.

Awesome run-on sentence by the way. :)

I know it goes against the title of the thread, but I want to expand the game to obscure celebrity appearances in TV commercials. Maybe I should make another thread? Anyway, here are mine:

Diedrich Bader - JCPenny <-haven't seen this one in a while

David Deluise and his brothers - Pedigree dog food commercial

Shaun Weiss (aka Goldberg! from the Mighty Ducks) - Optimum Online <- he says "We're working on it" to the boss in the elevator.

The rules:

1. It has to be a lesser-known celebrity. We all know Catherine Zeta Jones does the T-Mobile commercials.

2. They can't be playing themself or be the spokesperson for the company.

3. Don't choose ads with famous people in them overseas. Lots of famous people do commercials in Japan. That's not what the game is looking for.

4. As the game goes on, we can add more rules to make it more fun or challenging. Sound good?

Josh Pais has been EVERYTHING. He's one of those under-the-radar actors. But most recently he is in an Edward Jones commercial where he buys a painting at auction and then turns around and wants to sell it immediately.

How come we can't edit posts? I meant to say David DeLuise was in a Purina dog food commercial. Beneful to be specific. He mushes the dog's face and says, "So happy!" It's cute.

Christian Slater - AutoTrader.com commercial

Sounds like Robert Sean Leonard from House on the car commercial with the cartoon guy talking. The commercial has been around for a while. I heard the commercial shortly after watching House, so I might be mistaken, but it sounds like him.

The Add Reply button at the bottom of this page doesn't work. I always get an error message. The top button works fine. Is there a way to report this?

Originally posted by KannD86@Jul 26 2006, 08:02 PM

Sounds like Robert Sean Leonard from House on the car commercial with the cartoon guy talking. The commercial has been around for a while. I heard the commercial shortly after watching House, so I might be mistaken, but it sounds like him.

Hmmm I thought it sounded like Jason Lee.

I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you are allowed to edit your posts. :( But I would have thought by now you would be able to...ask jca or Michelle.

I just saw a Verizon RAZR commercial with Bob Wiltfong. He was a correspondent on The Daily Show last year. :lol:

Also, I finally figured out that Stephen Colbert voices 'Ace' on SNL's The Ambiguously Gay Duo.

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 26 2006, 11:03 PM
Hmmm I thought it sounded like Jason Lee.
I heard the commercial again and couldn't decide who it sounded more like, so I looked it up, and we're both wrong! :lol: Mr. Opportunity is voiced by Rob Paulson. Looks like he's done a ton of voicework.

Back