Canon ad from about ten years ago

ursulahx

Reaction score
This is a really difficult one.

About ten to twelve years ago (probably twelve, because I remember going to the movies a LOT in 1997-8) there was an ad running here in the UK for a Canon camera. It was probably one of the digital cameras because it was quite small. I think it was an Ixus, but I can't be certain.

The ad showed a young woman, shot from behind (over-the-shoulder) walking through the streets of what looked like an Italian city, probably Rome. We didn't see her face, only the reactions of the people who looked at her. They were all looking at her chest and appeared to be amazed, turned on, or in some cases shocked. We couldn't see her chest until the end of the ad when she was shown front-on. She was, of course, fully dressed and the thing which had been attracting attention was the Canon camera on a cord round her neck.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out what the music was. It was a slow, gentle orchestral (but not classical) track. There were strings over a slowed-down bossa nova beat, with a little flute motif after the strings. I could work out the exact notes if that would help, though I'm not sure what key it was in. It sounded like Henry Mancini, or something of that kind, and was the sort of thing you might find on a chillout album. I know I heard the track in other contexts around that time, so it must have been quite popular.

Can anyone help? I'm 99% sure it was Canon.

I've stumped you all. Well, I did say it would be difficult.

It's more of a rumba rhythm than a bossa nova, if that helps.

Back