Brokeback Mountain

jtosa15

Reaction score
What is the song(s) from the first half of the trailer? I know the later half is from the Shawshank Redemption, but I can't figure out what the first music is, particularly the guitar part. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

Originally posted by jtosa15@Sep 9 2005, 05:46 PM
What is the song(s) from the first half of the trailer? I know the later half is from the Shawshank Redemption, but I can't figure out what the first music is, particularly the guitar part. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
which track of the shawshank redemption, exactly? thanks.

I saw the movie at the Venice Film Festival (it won the Golden Lion, by the way), and I can tell you that the first track of the trailer is from the original soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla.

bye

Very good, film looks amazing.

Only Shawshank Redemption music plays in this one, two tracks.

Jake Gyllenwhatsy is great, hes my early pic for best actor, hes probably my fav actor (Donnie Darko. Amazing). So I should learn to spell his last name. Seen all his films

Hes in Proof (high Oscar contender). Brokeback Mountain (High Oscar contender) and Jarhead (mega-high Oscar contender).

I am surprised ALDR123456789N hasn't posted on here yet...

I was wrong: the SECOND track is by Gustavo Santaolalla, original motion picture soundtrack composer.

I was wrong: the SECOND track is by Gustavo Santaolalla, original motion picture soundtrack composer.

Just to clarify, because I've been looking for the guitar part of the trailer too. The music that starts when Ennis (Heath Ledger) is thrown off his horse and goes through "there are truths we can't deny," is the Gustavo Santaolalla part? He does amazing guitar work with his scores, but I want to be sure it's him before I start tracking it down.

OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THAT MUSIC TOO, THE GUITAR ONE, I JUST CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!! PLEASE!!!

First of there is two, I repeat 2 songs which are different in this trailer. The song from The Shawshank redemption which opens the trailer is called "So Was Red" by Thomas Newman he's the composer... buttttt I can't find the other song, the one that starts when Ennis is thrown off the horse. As this forum says, it is composed by Gustavo Santaolalla, but I don't kno the title. I listened to some of his other stuff and I definitley think that it's his music. GAH it's such a good song!

I am trying to make a tablature of it now... all I can really make out is the initial frist strumm which is a Dm, then I think it goes to a Am or A... its a beuatful song though.. i also am having trouble finding it....
damn

also a G

so i think it might be Dm Am G . i dont know the tabs... and the initall first part..

alright mabye.....

-------------------1----11-1-1------------------3 3----------
---0----1----3----3----33-3-3---1--11--1-----3 3----------
---2----2----2----2----22-2-2---2--22--2-------------------
---2----2----2--------------------2--22--2-----------------
--------------------------------------------------22 3-----------
--------------------------------------------------33 3-----------

something like that.. i know it isnt it.. but its a start

All,
The very beautiful guitar music is by Gustavo Santaolalla and is titled "The Wings." It is Track #17 on the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack, and is about 2 minutes long. If you need help getting it out of your head, I suggest listening to "A Love That Will Never Grow Old" on the same soundtrack, written by Santaolalla and none other than Bernie Taupin, and performed by Emmy-Lou Harris.
That said, can I get some help finding the guitar chords/sheet music for "The Wings."

Thanks
R

I've been searching, but I cant seem to find the music from the second half of the theatrical trailer of Brokeback Mountain.

The song is instrumental. It starts playing after the Gustavo Santaolalla composition 'The Wings' and continues through the end of the trailer.

If anyone knows the composer and/or the name of the song I would greatly appreciate it.

That's the end theme to Shawshank Redpemtion by Thomas Newman from the soundtrack to the movie.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying. "

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for providing this information! I've had the guitar strum in my head for months now. Now I can listen to it all I want! B)

Hi,

there seems to be a third song in the trailer starting right after it says "you know it could be like this, just like this always". Does anyone know which songs it is?

thanks

Back