Big Fish

bsullivan2

Reaction score
There are television commercials for the new film Big Fish, with what sounds like a classic rock song playing in the background. It's a really great song, but I couldn't recognize it. The archives of Adtunes.com says it's a song by Yes, but I downloaded that song and it isn't it. Anyone know? Thanks.

Ben

How classic are we talking?
There's Bing Crosby, Elvis and Buddy Holly on the soundtrack. I THINKKKKK I also heard The Vogues "Five O'Clock World" (the one Drew Carey used as a theme song for a while) but I might be wrong. I know it is on the soundtrack though.
There's also a Pearl Jam tune called "Man of the Hour" but I don't think that's on the trailer..

But the only tv spots that stick out in my mind are Yes "I've Seen All Good People" (the first part, "Your Move") which Michelle talked about here and a second one that's eluding me right now, but I'll come back and post it if I see the ad again tonight.

So there ya go, there's some ideas. I coudn't find the info on imdb or soundtrack.net yet, too new I guess..

Oh hey, I just remembered, the other one I saw was Peter Gabriel "Solsbury Hill" I think. I'll log back on and correct m'self later on if I see it again.

You're right, it's Peter Gabriel - it's the second television ad for BIG FISH that just started running the other day. (Don't know if there will be a weblog post about this to follow-up tv spot to the original Yes song in the first tv trailer.)

What is the song from one of the Big Fish commercials?? I know there already has been one posted but that is not the song. I couldn't catch any of the words except "boom boom boom" I think they said "my heart is going boom boom boom"

I know this is very vague but PLEASE HELP!!!

I just listened to it. It's PERFECT!! That's the one. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

I am a new forum member, so I apologize if I seem arrogant, but I have seen quite a few incorrect answers to this question and would like to set the record straight.

There are at least two songs being played in the trailer, the first being Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young's 'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes' (you can hear the opening chords of the song at the very beginning of the trailer). Then the song changes (maybe a few times) and ends on Peter Gabriel's 'Solsbury Hill' (...my heart going boom, boom, boom...).

Hope this answers the question :D

psu_sudzi

Originally posted by psu_sudzi@Dec 30 2003, 08:54 PM
I am a new forum member, so I apologize if I seem arrogant, but I have seen quite a few incorrect answers to this question and would like to set the record straight.
What "incorrect answers" are you referring to? There are two notable TV spots (not counting the newest Golden Globe ads), and the two most notable songs asked about and mentioned in the weblog and forums are by YES and PETER GABRIEL. What other song ID mistakes are you referring to?

Hi,

I posted my message prior to reading the last post about Vanilla Sky and have not heard the trailer with the Yes song yet. Newbie error.

psu_sudzi :p

It's not a problem, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any errors in the info listed in the weblog/forum.

I just registered on the adtunes.com forum so I could post this message. I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me find that song. I was going absolutely crazy trying to find it myself. The song's really quiet in the background, so it's extremely difficult to pick up any lyrics to search, and nothing on the internet tells what song it is on the trailer. To make matters worse, there's only one trailer you can download on the internet, and it's a different trailer with a different song in the background!!! GRR! It was like some huge conspiracy to drive me up the walls! Anyway, thank you guys so much for helping me find that song. I can rest easy now...

Originally posted by Dark_Wizzard0@Jan 5 2004, 02:31 AM
It was like some huge conspiracy to drive me up the walls! Anyway, thank you guys so much for helping me find that song. I can rest easy now...
No problem - glad the users/forum/site could be of help. That's why we started the site after all - so we can all get the info and get those songs out of our heads. ;)

Heh.. I got it lodged in my brain too, had to go dig out my old Peter Gabriel cds and I've been listening to it over and over.. such a GREAT song, man. :)

I am looking for the name or the artist of a song that plays on th Big Fish Commercial. I think it's a song from late 70's early 80's Only words I can remember are..Cause the time is you time and is new is captured for the King to use do dod do do do dodum What is the song???????

"Search" is your friend. :)

It's by YES, you can read about the song in this weblog post.

There's another Big Fish TV ad that uses a Peter Gabriel song.

:huh: Been searching for some time now. Anyone know what the name of that song right when Edward Bloom is being born pops out his mom and slides on the floor. This is the theatrical trailer, not the tv ad, anyone know? someone? anyone? lol :blink: :unsure: B)

I watched it, and it's not Yes, and it's not Peter Gabriel.. and those are the only two actual songs that I've heard in the tv spots. IMDB only has those few songs listed on the soundtrack (my guess being that the soundtrack is mostly score), and soundtrack.net doesn't have it listed yet..
I guess maybe it's part of the original score, but check back with both sites after a while and see if it's been added.

Back