ANOTHER Titan Commercial!

Duluoz

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Glad a forum like this exists, because I'm stuck here.

I started seeing the commercial about 2 months ago, I've seen it during the Daily Show and during Seinfeld reruns on TBS. It's a commercial for the Nissan Titan, and the background is all white, and there are closeups and quick zooms in time with the music...

The music is all guitar, kinda bluesy, but not like, "actual" blues.

The guitar goes... "Duh-NUH-nuh." And the middle note is up. And then there's some rests. and then, "Duh-NUH-nuh" and then it flares up into this really cool ascending chorus, and you can kinda hear a guy go "Hey, hey, hey!" under the announcer just as the chorus kicks in.

Anyway, it's a supercool sound, and I'm dying to know what this music is, where it's coming from... Really raw and sexy sounding...

Any help would be mucho wonderful. Thanks!

Matt

Not saying the song is out there, but it seems a lot of vehicle companies are starting to have music made specially for their commercials. So it is sometimes difficult to find songs used in commercials with cars/trucks/etc.

Btw, the song in the commercial you are talking about is really good. I want to find it too :lol:

i heard it is an actually band .. i wish i knew where they posted that video ... if anyone here's where please post it.

Thanks

Alex

Originally posted by Duluoz@Jan 21 2005, 09:07 AM
Hi everybody. Glad a forum like this exists, because I'm stuck here.

I started seeing the commercial about 2 months ago, I've seen it during the Daily Show and during Seinfeld reruns on TBS. It's a commercial for the Nissan Titan, and the background is all white, and there are closeups and quick zooms in time with the music...

The music is all guitar, kinda bluesy, but not like, "actual" blues.

The guitar goes... "Duh-NUH-nuh." And the middle note is up. And then there's some rests. and then, "Duh-NUH-nuh" and then it flares up into this really cool ascending chorus, and you can kinda hear a guy go "Hey, hey, hey!" under the announcer just as the chorus kicks in.

Anyway, it's a supercool sound, and I'm dying to know what this music is, where it's coming from... Really raw and sexy sounding...

Any help would be mucho wonderful. Thanks!

Matt
The band I work with has a song on one of the Nissan Titan commercials. The band is called The Steepwater Band and the song is "Black Cat's Path."

You can find it on the band's 2004 release, "Dharmakaya."

Total old-school rock, a taste of the blues, but balls-to-the-wall rock and roll all the way.

Here's their website: The Steepwater Band

The riff probably came from the Nirvana Song called Scentless Apprentice.

Back