American Express Blue

staples

All-Star Member
Reaction score
What's the name of the sond in the american express commercial... it sounds like something off of Verve remixed (1,2 or 3) without the vocals.

Thanks,
Staples

My mom thinks that it is an electric version of sone song by a russian classical compuser (she is a professional pianist)... she doesnt remember who it is though...

Thanks,
Marc

Anyone know the song/artist from the new American Express Blue (Amex Blue) TV commercial? I recognize the song, but they only use the music, not the words, so I can't remember the name of the song or artist. I have only seen this commercial in December of 2005, so it is pretty new.

If it is that latest Amex Blue commercial with the robotic assembly line, I'm still trying to figure that one out. I recognize the melody, but can't remember the name of the song or artist.

Anybody know what that tune is???

hey everyone,
does anyone know by any chance the music that is played in the newest American Express commercial for "Blue" (the one that takes place in a factory-type area)? thanks a lot!

ryan

Not The Verve either. But I think that is the closest guess I've heard...

Anyone know??? Its the commercial with the high tech, factory-like setting for Blue from American Express.

Someone has to know this. I don't think it was composed specifically for the commercial, but I guess I could be wrong.

No it came from a pop hit. I can't remember which one. I think it had the word "Ritz" in it.

its called "Puttin' On The Ritz" there have litterally been over around 250 versions of it so good luck findin the right one.

Wait, is this the commercial that talks about "free rewards" and the song is half orchestral half clearly synthesized music? Because that's definitely not "Puttin' on the Ritz"

Wait, is this the commercial that talks about "free rewards" and the song is half orchestral half clearly synthesized music? Because that's definitely not "Puttin' on the Ritz"

The only version of Puttin On The Ritz that I know that comes close to this description is a one hit wonder from the 80s by the name of Taco.

P

I just checked the version by TACO, and it's definitely not any rendition of Puttin on the Ritz. Any other suggestions? Also, can anyone just link me to the commercial?

Thanks.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I did find this news release from last year, which states, in part:

Sting Stars in New National Television Ad to Promote Music Education; Elvis Costello, The Strokes, Stevie Wonder, Counting Crows, Jewel and Dashboard Confessional to Jam in Exclusive Cardmember Events

I'll keep looking...

Are you guys talking about the Am. Express commercial that has the music with whistling in it? That's the one I'm wondering about . . . I think that's the newest one, but it's shown on CNN all the time (and I watch that channel religiously) and I think it mentions the rewards program or whatever. If that's the one you're talking about, that's not Puttin' on the Ritz . . . not at all. But if it's not, no clue. Would like to know what it it is, though. Kinda sounds jazzy and it has whistling in it.

Finally got the details (albeit 3+ years later). The music was composed by Machine Head (www.machinehead.com) in Venice, CA. It does sound a bit like Taco's version of Puttin On The Ritz mixed with Murry Head's One Night In Bankok. I was able to get a copy of the video w/music.

Note - Machine Head (founded by Stephen Dewey) is a very talented group of people and has been responsible for some very creative and innovative tracks. AMEX alone has used them on numerous occasions.

Could you e-mail me the song and ad please? I completely forgot what the ad was and would like to hear it again.

I'm not sure if this is the one you're referring to, but I searched high and low on the Internet for probably 8-9 years for this, and finally found it yesterday. Credits and other info are available only to subscribers of the site, but at least you can preview it here:

http://www.adforum.com/creative-work/ad/player/54904

If this isn't it, good luck with your continued search.

I'm not sure if this is the one you're referring to, but I searched high and low on the Internet for probably 8-9 years for this, and finally found it yesterday. Credits and other info are available only to subscribers of the site, but at least you can preview it here:

http://www.adforum.com/creative-work/ad/player/54904

If this isn't it, good luck with your continued search.

Lori - I don't know if anyone will be reading this, but you nailed it. That is the ad and the tune. I actually got a copy from Machine Head after calling them a few years back. They are a talented bunch! www.machinehead.com

Back