2005 Mitsubishi Galant

knnth

Reaction score
what is it? i would have tried a lyric search but the sound is so muffled i can't understand it. help!

nevermind. it's devo. uncontrollable urge.

Anyone know of the song playing in the Mitsubishi (I think it's mitsubishi) commerical? The one where mitsubishi and honda are racing to end of a pier or unfinished road?

In the background the guy is singing "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

At the end it says "See what happens"

??

so... does anybody know just how much money Devo makes from the use of this song on this Mitsubishi ad? just curious. long time devo fan... hope they do well, thats all.

Residuals keep artists going for quite some time. It's been said that having one hit produced and released keeps you set for life.

The people that write pop songs for mainstream music (that get performed by the likes of Spears, Timberlake, etc) get a pretty hefty cheque for having their song produced and used, then get paid every time it's used commercially (i.e. - every concert, every commercial, every radioplay, every time its in a tv show, the list goes on). The performers, likewise, get paid for each usage of the song (i'd imagine quite a bit more than those who wrote the song, but I can't swear to that).

This is, of course, assuming they played their cards right during signing and made sure their record contracts didn't shaft them down a hole from here to beijing...

Mitsubishi Galant 2005

Thanks, I found the song. Its Uncontrollable Urge by Devo that is used on a Mitsubishi commercial.

There's a Mitsubishi car commercial on tv right now that uses a really cool new wave sounding song with a great guitar riff and a guy singing "ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya." I thought at first it might be Talking Heads but I can't find it anywhere in their catalogue. Anyone know what song it is?

Bruce

Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" from Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! (first album.)

Good ear Maxl! I would never have guessed Devo. Thanks very much, now I can sleep at night!

It's "Rock And Roll" by Led Zeppelin. ;)

Unless they've changed it, its been that song for like, ever.

No its not rock and roll. Oh and i figured out its not for Cadillac.

Whats the song in the new commercial for the 2005 Mitsubishi Galant? It sounds like the Ramones, but i'm not sure.

Originally posted by maxl@Apr 19 2005, 09:09 AM
Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" from Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! (first album.)
Mulitiple duplicate topics merged.

You can find the above mentioned song at Amazon.com here, audio sample track 1. Also available for download from .

Back