Who's watching?

'peep show' is another cool/funny show that will be coming out on a region 1 dvd in september. you might want to check that out! i hope season 2 comes out on dvd (region 1) soon 'cause i have not seen all the episodes...

Is that 'peep show' another British comedy? I really like a lot of those British comedies.

Anyone like any Canadian comedies? Or maybe us Canucks aren't funny enough. :p

As far as I know we don't get any Canadian shows down here except like Degrassi, but I'd love to see some.

Originally posted by dascoot@Jul 26 2005, 06:48 PM
As far as I know we don't get any Canadian shows down here except like Degrassi, but I'd love to see some.
How about 'Kids in the Hall' or 'Corner Gas'?

I love Kids In The Hall but I haven't seen it in years.. I don't think Comedy Central plays the reruns anymore. :(

I take that back, looks like there are some episodes that run at like 2 am on Wednesday mornings. :eek:k:

Never even heard of Corner Gas though..

Originally posted by dascoot@Jul 26 2005, 09:51 PM
Never even heard of Corner Gas though..
Yeah....I thought Corner Gas would be pretty obscure for the States. It's kind of big here in Canada Land. I've been trying to think of other Canadian comedies but am failing to come up with some. I guess we aren't that funny after all. :cry:

Oh whatever! Kids In The Hall, if it's any indicator, is bloody brilliant.. and it's been a million years but You Can't Do That On Television was my all-time favorite show when I was a kid.

"Blue skies! Barthy burgers! Girls!"

The last great Canadian comedy was Kids in the Hall....finally a new one has emerged. It's called Corner Gas. It's about a small town in rural Saskatchewan and revolves around a gas station owner. Very funny stuff. At least it's funny to me.

I was only joking about us Canadians not being funny. But often our comedy's are not. So it is always a welcome surprise when shows like Kids in the Hall or Corner Gas are able to make us laugh.

I think alot of Canadians in the entertainment industry migrate to the States where the opportunites are bigger and the idea of fame and fortune is more appealing. And so poeple like Lorne Michaels create empires down there instead of up in the cold North.

Anyone ever heard of SCTV? That was another funny Canadian comedy from the late 70's early 80's.

Kids in the Hall was funny. How long was it on? I saw it when some network, I think it was NBC, ran it for awhile. I used to love SCTV when it originally aired. But I saw the reruns that NBC aired after Conan a couple of years ago. It didn't hold up so well hehe.

Originally posted by goodasgold@Jul 27 2005, 03:57 PM
Anyone ever heard of SCTV? That was another funny Canadian comedy from the late 70's early 80's.
Take off Hoser. :)

I love Bob and Doug Mackenzie.

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Jul 27 2005, 01:41 PM
I used to love SCTV when it originally aired. But I saw the reruns that NBC aired after Conan a couple of years ago. It didn't hold up so well hehe.
Yeah some of the skits don't hold up in my opinion either. But some of them are still pretty hilarious. I still like that "Days of Week" (or whatever it was called) soap opera satire.

Originally posted by dascoot+Jul 27 2005, 01:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Jul 27 2005, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-goodasgold@Jul 27 2005, 03:57 PM
Take off Hoser. :)

I love Bob and Doug Mackenzie. [/b][/quote]
Right on. You ever see the movie Strange Brew?

Originally posted by goodasgold+Jul 27 2005, 03:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (goodasgold @ Jul 27 2005, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Awesome@Jul 27 2005, 01:41 PM
I used to love SCTV when it originally aired. But I saw the reruns that NBC aired after Conan a couple of years ago. It didn't hold up so well hehe.
Yeah some of the skits don't hold up in my opinion either. But some of them are still pretty hilarious. I still like that "Days of Week" (or whatever it was called) soap opera satire. [/b][/quote]
Yep, I still enjoyed the show even though it wasn't as great as I had built it up in my mind.

One thing Kids in the Hall made me realize: When British comics crossdress, they're disturbingly gross. When Canadian comics crossdress, they're disturbingly hot. :unsure:

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Jul 28 2005, 12:48 AM
One thing Kids in the Hall made me realize: When British comics crossdress, they're disturbingly gross. When Canadian comics crossdress, they're disturbingly hot. :unsure:
:lol: :lol: Great line!

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Jul 28 2005, 03:48 AM
:lol: I don't know, David Walliams makes quite a lovely LAYYYY-dee!

Ooops forgot to add, yeah I saw Strange Brew once when I was a kid..

Dave Foley looked great in drag! He also did an episode of News Radio dressed as a girl (a very pretty girl!!!)-- a custome party thing...

Back