Wendy's

I've been following this for some time now, now just finally regirstered. the song thats on the disney website is not the same song in the wendy's commerical... Got my hopes up too.

Hello. Newbie here. I came to these forums to see if anyone could confirm my suspicions about who sings in this commercial because...

...to me, she sounds like one of the girls from M2M. That is a Swedish duo that hasn't recorded in a few years. Can anyone here tell me if I'm right?

Thanks!

Hi. I've been searching for this answer in google which brought me here. I just registered. Does anyone besides me think it sounds like Jessica Simpson? That's who I thought it was but I must be wrong from what I have looked up so far.
Thanks!

Somebody mentioned Jessica Simpson in another thread. It does sound like it could be her, but if it was, don't you think we would have heard about it by now? If she recorded yet another remake, it would be playing nonstop on Z100 and every other radio station across the country. I almost want it to be her so the mystery would be solved, but no, I really don't want it to be her lol.

Just heard the commercial about 45 minutes ago. I am amazed at the number of posts about this on the Internet, but nobody can give the answer!

I'll keep my eye on this board...

Is anybody trying to find the artist of this song anymore? I don't want to give up, but I don't know what else to do to find it.

I am still wondering! If it is Jessica Simpson then it would have to be something she recorded in the past I would think....

steppenwolf are always a classic, i think the original is better, but the new one sure does make me want some crispy chicken nuggets :huh:

hOnOr, I think you're on to something! I distinctly remember this girl's voice singing another remake to some song on a Disney commercial not too long ago! Her voice is so unusual that I know it's her the minute I hear her sing. I hope we can find out who she is, I'd definitely be interested in buying any CDs she has out.

Add me to the list of people looking for info on this person and her music. I checked out the Disney link -- it's no longer there. Back to stealth mode. :ph34r:

I think the girl who sings the song sounds a lot like the lead singer from the D-vinyls (Touch Myself).

Ok, must confess, the cover/remake of this song caught my ear also - why I'm here, registered, and now posting ;-)

While the 'singer' is nice, with a haunting voice, it's the song's arrangement that REALLY has everyone's attention. Yes, would be good to know who's singing, but we truly need to know who re-wrote the music into that reggae/pop/folk "sound". To me, is somewhat similar to Indigo Girls, or Edie Brickel and New Bohemians. But, Sheryl Crow, Joni Mitchell, or any number of good female singers could reproduce that particular "vocal sound" (Ok, I'm showing my age, but you get the idea). Is a saying about Music, from the ol' days, that must be true at least 50% of the time - It's the Song, not the Singer.

What we're ultimately discovering is the power of the "system" with Music and/or "intellectual property." The Ad Agency has the "rights" to this song and "control" over the singer, and they are possibly just being selfish with any idea of having the song/singer go anywhere beyond this ad. Why? Who knows, for sure, but the Agency, and apparently they're not talking.

Yes, perhaps Wendy's can find a "wiggle" in the contract that would allow THEM to do something with this song beyond just the commercial. But don't get your hopes up. This sort of thing has happened many times in the past, and probably will continue. Other examples can probably be found here, and for sure at (Admin: Link Deleted -- Sorry, there are questions about that site's accuracy/sources) -- however, please do keep pestering Wendy's, maybe something good CAN happen.

So, hang in there, if nothing else the writer/singer's contract with the Agency has to expire ONE day (hopefully). And perhaps the writer/singer had enough business savy to ensure they would eventually gain control of the song/recording - then we can all share and listen at will. And perhaps we'll also be treated to many other creations from the same talented "mystery artist(s)".

ugh was so excited reading forum hoping the answer was finally at the end...I just saw the comercial and thought, wow, a commecial song I want to download that I actually know the same of, now I just need the artist (instead of having to search by lyrics or even more vague clues like I normally do)...sigh

I did find the disney link again - if it goes down again you can search their music section for the name of the song, and that's how I found it this time.

http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/Song-Al...s/lavidamickey/
"Magic Carpet Ride" #11

it's definitely NOT the same song from the Wendy's commericial but it is very close, the arrangement is similar aside from the spanish, and the women singing sounds like she could be the same person doing a slightly different version of the same cover style, so maybe Disney "owns" the artist or enough of the rights that, that is why Wendy's can't or won't share the info.

Please, someone has to be able locate the artist and post ner name here!

Has anyone posted in any other forums that could be linked here in case they get the answer first?? Or has anyone tried requesting somewhere that the artist come forward?

I highly doubt that Jessica Simpson sings this, simply b/c she's far too well known to hide anything that goes on in her life all that well, especially not something that is meant to be public like a commecial. That and with her recent Pizza Hut commercials she probably still has some kind of agreement with them, making it unlikely that she'd do anything for Wendy's. Sound wise she could do this song, but this doesn't seem like her usual sound.

To: LindseyE Posted: May 31 2006, 06:57 PM

any luck yet?
Some of the girls at my daughter's dance studio just did a Magic Carpet Ride dance to this song and we have all been humming around the house for days.

I will call the studio in the morning and see if I can find out where to get this song.

Crossing my fingers they're not gone for the summer,

Thanks all for posting!

BCtheDJ, I appreciate you comment, but in my case it really is the singer's voice that captured my attention. There seem to be so many vocalists out today who sound alike to me, but I feel this female vocalist really sells the song.

I fear that you may be right, and we'll never find out her name, but I'm going to keep contacting Wendy's and at least let them know I really love this commercial.

Hello All. I can't answer Who sung the song , But I guess it wouldn't hurt to put my two cents in. I always thought it was Macy Grey. Who can say tho ?

thanks for the input, but not a chance on Macy Gray, her voice is too rich and jazzy raspy to be that upbeat and poppy.

If you use iTunes here is a link to one of her well known singles "I Try"

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...143441&i=463796

strangly since last night the disney link was updated with the artist's name:

http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/Song-Al...s/lavidamickey/
11. "Magic Carpet Ride"
Performed by Myra

She has a lot of samples of other disney stuff & a latin album on iTunes, but not the song we're all looking for....her voice still sounds similar but it's probably not the artist from the Wendy's commerical version.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...43441&i=6908533

haha so the guy was right, it was a song by disney, thats kinda funny

I thought I'd bring this back up to the front page so people don't forget about it. I'm still very interested in finding this song. I just read through a 5 page thread about a Clorox commercial and after a lot of searching, somebody from the company actually gave the song information. I'm holding out hope something like that could happen here.

I actually haven't seen the commercial, but this thread really caught my eye. I definitely know Myra's voice, she's done a lot with Disney and I've been watching Disney for a long time, lol. I could recognize Myra's voice if I saw the commercial. Does anybody know where there could be a link to the commercial?

Hi All! Still looking here too...I can't believe no one has run across ANYTHING about this chick!! It totally amazes me!!
I can't find a link to the commercial anywhere...anyone else have any luck?
The search continues.... :)

Back